IELTS task2, Technology and people relationships. Please rate.

Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?

In recent years, due to the fast pace of technology development, people around the world have experienced new types of communication. The advent of computers and the internet in a few last decades give us this opportunity to have easy and cheap cyberi interactions with our peers. In my view, this is a change for better because the distance cannot be anymore a block for making new relationships as well as keeping them. The followings shed more light on this opinion.

Undoubtedly, using the internet for communication is one of the most amazing applications of this technology. Almost all people around the globe utilize services such as facebook, twitter and skype to keep in touch with their relevants, friends, colleagues, etc. In addition, youths take advantage of these international communication passages to find new friends. Chatting with my friends, who study abroad, is a good case in point here. If we could not use facebook, we would definitely loss our friendship after a while.

Since using the internet for formal business meetings is quite widespread in the contemporary time, we should consider this as another beneficial feature of modern technology. In the past, face to face meeting was the only way for reaching to an agreement; however, this is not anymore a hurdle. For example, I had a skype interview with a professor in Swiss about one month ago. We discussed about my academic background and draw a conclusion in the end that we can cooperate together in the future; thanks to the internet founders.

To make long story short, new technology has had a marvellous impact on societies around the world. This advancement is certainly a positive movement because it alleviates and improves the ways of interaction among people. In fact, we can say we are living in a worldwide village nowadays.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his assistant

Hi Naser, I thought this was very good. You have some good ideas and have expressed them very clearly. But I don’t think this is quite up to a band 7 level as you have a few too many incorrect words and phrases as well as minor grammatical errors.

Hi Naser, I thought this was very good. You have some good ideas and have expressed them very clearly. But I don’t think this is quite up to a band 7 level as you have a few too many incorrect words and phrases as well as minor grammatical errors.

Dear Luschen,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

best wishes,
Naser