IELTS task 2. please help me with this essay. Thank you so much

**topic: Advertising discourages people from being different individuals by making us want to be and to look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

No subject in the world is likely to cause so much controversy as advertising does. One of the main criticism against advertising is that erases individual’s sense of identity and cause them to buy the same items. I am not of the favour that advertisement enables the general public to be the same.

The first is that advertisement is not a single sourse of information before deciding what to buy. Mainly because consumers can use other implement kinds of information such as parents, siblings, friends, so forth. When making a decision about buying a valued product, for instance, I always ask for the advice of my friend who used to purchase before. Therefore, people easily make wise purchasing decisions

Moreover, there are a considerate number of factors people take into accounts. For example, income levels and circumstances play a critical role in what customers would like to buy. Alternatively, when it comes to luxury goods, a limited deal of people respond with the final purchase. Besides, there is much uncertainty about the preference of customers nowadays. Hence, advertising can not assure the loyalty of buyers.

However, people should accept that advertisement now and then has contributed to their unplanned purchase. For example, banners, leaflets, flags can turn consumers into impulsive buyers. Additionally, peer effect is easily caused by advertisement, which makes people buy things what they do not really need

In conclusion, despite the fact that advertising is a developing industry and creates effective methods to attract customers. The majority of people keep their firm stand against their choices of purchase

2 Likes

Hi Ryana, your writing was good in this, but I had the feeling that you were not always exactly on topic. You kept veering towards a topic like “people are influenced by advertising”.
This is not exactly the topic - the main stress of the prompt is whether people are influenced to try to be like everyone else by advertising. So you need to talk a little more about individuality and what makes you think that despite trends, people still like to have their own individual style and be their own person. Also, since advertising is a key part of the prompt, you should always be referring back to that and tying your points to advertising. Your writing itself was very clear and understandable though and I really liked your specific examples.
Here are some other comments:

2 Likes