Ielts Task 2 - Important subjects in school

Below is my latest exercise. Thank you very much for every comment form you :blush:

Some people say History is one of the most important school subjects. Other people think that, in today’s world, subjects like science and technology are more important than history.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Many people believe that Science and Technology subjects at school will bring more advantages for students than History. Meanwhile, others claim that the important role of History is undeniable even in a technological era. Personally, I think that these subjects play equal roles in our education system.

On one hand, it is obviously that by learning Science and Technology, the next generation will be well-prepared for their working life. This means that they will be equipped with some basic hard knowledge about the environments, online world or recent developments of manufacturing industry right from school. Thanks to that, those young people will adapt into real life easier without struggling with strange information. Besides, students’ important soft skills such as problem solving and logical thinking will be developed through studying these subjects. For example, making simulation models in Physics class will help their brains become gradually familiar with finding solutions through observing and brainstorming.

On the other hand, History provided the young crucial awareness about events that shape human society today. Therefore, they will gain deeper understanding about themselves, their positions as well as responsibilities in their own community. This helps them have better preparation for future social life. Moreover, tasks and exams which are given to students in History classes will help them improve their writing, memorizing and analyzing skills. This will lead to the effectiveness in their communication not only in daily life but also in working environment.

In conclusion, since each subject in school has its own benefits in education, I believe that neither History nor Technology and Science subjects have the less important role for any student during their school time.

2 Likes

(I have just tried to shine the essay without upsetting the overall concept of the author)

3 Likes