IELTS preparation strategy

Hi all…
I need help …I will have my IELTS exam on Nov.29 and I need for any kind of help.

Before I searched a lot to find a forum for IELTS, but I never found an forum that discuss IELTS issues seriosely and activelly
as this forum do in discussing the topics. …
I know this forum is not specializedd in discussing the IELTS, but Im asking for a HELP
Im waiting for any HELP, please.

1 Like

Hi Unforgetableone,

What kind of help do you need? What you might want to do is try to reduce your typos as this will be an important requirement of your IELTS exam.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, talks: Road traffic report

Hi Torsten ,
Thanx for ur replaying. Actaully Im facing problems in the writting part one, It is very difficulties in this part and Im not finding excersise with answers for it .
Thanx for ur concern ,and sorry for the typos .
Regards,
Unforgetableone

1 Like

Hi,

I think it would be good if you started to stick to basic spelling and punctuation rules. Your messages look as if you wouldn’t pay much attention to improving your language skills. I know you are making a great effort to improve your English but if you ignore even elementary spelling rules you make it hard for others to be taken seriously.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Paying the fitness membership fee

Hi Torsen,

I feel really sorry because you are thinking that Im not serious in my english learning. I know Im not good in english,and if I was good in english I wouldn`t join to learn english. I just started to learn english since 3 years.
I appreciate you great efforts to help us to learn. However I feel really sorry that you judged me in that way.

Regards,
Unforgetableone

1 Like

Hey torsten, I know you are SITE ADMINISTRATOR, but you should give people some advices instead of judging the way they write.

1 Like

Hi Erick,

Thanks a lot for your comment. I agree with you – we should try and exchange ideas on how to prepare for the IELTS and that’s why I’d be interested to hear your opinion on proper spelling. I mean, do you think that Unforgetable should start sticking to the basic spelling and punctuation rules? Do you think that Unforgetable’s IELTS essay will benefit from correct spelling? As far as I understand, one the criteria his IELTS has to meet is proper spelling so not telling him to develop basic spelling and typing habits will hurt him.

What do you think?
Thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: The bookshop

Hi Torsten,
I really think Unforgetable should start sticking to the basic spelling rules and I understand know why you answered to her in the way you did, but it seems to me that she felt a little bit down. Anyway, I have no problem with it, sometimes you gotta be a little rough so people pay attention on their mistakes. Im learning too, so I wish you `d correct any errors on my spelling.
PS: I hope you give SOME ADVICE to me. Now I know that “s” is unnecessary.

1 Like

Hi Erick,

Thanks for your feedback. As for correcting your spelling errors, I think it’s much better if I show you a simple technique that you can use to check your spelling and punctuation yourself: Just start using a spell checker! As far I as I can see your previous message contains two typing/spelling mistakes. That’s a very small number why not eliminate any typos? All you need to do is download and install Firefox which has an excellent spell checker.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the laboratory

Hello, If anyone could help me in english comprehension

1 Like

Hi, I’ve got a question too about the IElts preparation.
I wonder which is the valuation criteria for the exam. listening and writing tasks provide more or less 40 questions each, but how many errors shouldn’t be done to lower the final result to 6?
I should keep a minumum 7 level for each task, and i make normally 2 errors while listening, but a little more while reading.
Can you give me this information? many thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
Any exam testing your English skills checks you on Vocabulary, Grammar and Spellings. Same goes for IELTS. This means you need to practice your Spellings too.
Eschatos, the writing module contains two tasks while the Listening contains many questions. I’ll advise you to change your approach a bit. Forget about the errors you commit. Take a quick round of the section you are attending; pick up questions you find easy to attempt and score well. Take a second round of the paper and then finalize the tougher ones to solve.
I generally ask my students to go through these IELTS tutorials put in by a number of teachers. You’ll find tips on Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking from this one source only.

1 Like

Hi, A cordial hi and thanks from Iran to you for the the perfect IELTS links you left in here

1 Like

keep try and have lot of luck…

1 Like