IBT-SPEAKING section: reporting a third person's opinion

Dear all,

I am preparing the TOEFL in his new IBT version and often it is required to report a third person opinion after hearing a dialog between two persons (very often in the speaking section)

I want to use “agree/disagree” + a sentence indicating the object of agreement/disagreement… is it possible?

example: Dialog between 2 students, a man and a woman:

subject: bus ticket are now more expensive due to the modernization of the service

M: That?s a shame that they make the ticket even more expensive. We are student and cannot afford so many expenses!

W: Consider the new bus service. It has been really improved. Of course the tickets are now more expensive!

report the woman?s opinion explaining her different point of view.

Here is my proposal (but I am very doubtful about it):

“The woman disagrees with the man in appreciating(?) the new service. Whereas (can I use “whereas” at the begin of my sentence?) the man only complains about the more expensive tickets, the woman appreciates the new service. She agrees with the ticket beeing (?) more expensive.
We can suppose she agrees on it (?) because she thinks, the modernization of the service required financial efforts”

please help!!!
:slight_smile:
Many thanks in advance!
Alex

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the design of the sweatshirt?

Basically fine, Alex. Some corrections are in bold:

The woman disagrees with the man about the new service. Whereas (OK) the man only complains about the more expensive tickets, the woman appreciates the new service. She agrees with the ticket being more expensive. We can suppose she agrees with it because she thinks that the modernization of the service required financing.

Dear Mister Micawber,

thank you so MUCH!
Alex