I wish I would...

Hi,
Pls help with this.

Is it possible to say “I wish I would make some progress after some frequent visits to this forum”

Many thanks.

Regards

You can say:

I wish I made some progress! Or: I’m sure I’ll make quite some progress if I use this website often.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this conversation?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks for your reply, Torsten. But I am wondering if I am correct to use “I wish I would…” cus the other day I read some grammar book that says “never say I wish I would”, which sounds a bit odd to me since I used "I wish I would…"a couple of times before.

Pls enlighten me with this.
I appreciate your helping.

Regards
Le

Technically, I wish I would is wrong, at least that’s what most grammar books say. In practice, a lot of people say I wish I would just as they say I don’t know nothing instead of I don’t know anything or You should speak slower instead of You should speak more slowly and so on. So, it depends on what kind of literature you read and what kind people you communicate with.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a professor’s office between a professor and a student[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks so much, Torsten. I got some hang of this.

Regards,
Le