I understand "can you - could you"

Hi Mrs. Amy :smiley:
I think you are main help in teach me the language. Thank you very much :stuck_out_tongue:
First I found defalcate when I used one tense in my write.
I have much questions, could you explaining it to me, please?
1- I understand “can you - could you” but when I ask from teacher as you, which I use?
2- Could you explaining difference between “at - in”?
3- I know many verbs we put after it “to” such as want and some verbs we didn’t put to after it such as can and some verbs we can put or no" to", please tell me about it?
4- Some time when I look for on meaning of word in dictionary but it don’t give me right meaning which I want. Such as a great wall, I found rampart!!

I want your advice, please?
In fact I have many questions too. :oops:
If you don’t upset from my questions I’ll tell you about it after your solution and your advice.
Yes can you repair my writing too, please?

Again thank you very much.

Mba :mrgreen:

Hi Dark Magician (Is your name Mba ?)

Here is what you wrote. [color=blue]And also some answers:

I think you are main help in teach me the language. Thank you very much.
You’re welcome. :smiley:

First I found [color=blue]defalcate when I used one tense in my writing.
[color=blue]Do you mean difficult?

I have a lot of questions, could you explain them to me, please?

1- I understand “can you - could you” but when I ask from teacher as you, which I use?
[color=blue]If you have just one or two little questions, “Can you” is OK. If you want to ask lots and lots of questions, then it’s often much nicer to say “Could you”. :smiley:

2- Could you explain difference between “at - in”?
[color=blue]Dark, there are a lot of different rules for in and at — too many to write here. Did you want to use in or at in specific sentences?

Do you have a grammar book you can use for practice? Most grammar books have exercises for “in, on, + at”. For example, when you use them to talk about time and also for when you use them to talk about place.

3- I know many verbs we put after it “to” such as want and some verbs we didn’t put to after it such as can and some verbs we can put or no" to", please tell me about it?

[color=blue]Your question is really much too general to answer here. It’s best to learn how to use the verbs as you learn and practice them.

After most modal verbs you do not use “to”: can, could, will, would, shall, should, must, may, might
But after others you need the word “to”: have to, ought to, be able to

Some verbs must be followed by “to + infinitive”, some verbs must be followed by just the “infinitive”, some verbs must be followed by the “-ing form of a verb”, some can be followed by either an “infinitive” or the “-ing form” with little or no change in meaning, but in some cases the meaning changes.

Unfortunately, there aren’t really any “easy rules”.

4- Sometimes I look for one meaning of a word in the dictionary but it doesn’t give me right meaning that I want. Such as a great wall, I found rampart!!

[color=blue]Yes, most words have more than one meaning.
Do you have a good “Learners Dictionary” — That’s a dictionary that tells you the definition and also uses the words in sentences. That can help you decide if you have found the right meaning of a word.
Reading will also help you with vocabulary. Try to do as much reading as possible.
Have you also tried to do some of the tests here on this web site? Start with the elementary tests.
What about doing an English course?
Do you have a grammar book?

In fact I have many questions too.
If you aren’t upset by my questions I’ll tell you about them after your solution and your advice.
Yes can you repair my writing too, please?

[color=blue]I made corrections to your writing in boldface type.
I know you have a lot of questions. The problem is: your questions are often so general that they can’t be answered in one forum answer. This forum cannot take the place of an English course. But it can help.

Try to focus your questions and your learning more. That’s why I asked you to write about your vacation, for example. That was a focus on using the past tense.

Again thank you very much.
You’re welcome. :smiley:

Amy

Salaam Miss Amy :wink:
First I want to say "I’m very sorry about last my post subject it’s wrong "I mean “hi Mrs. Amy”.
Mba it’s shortening to real my name and I always use it at my design “like sign” Yes you right “[color=blue]This forum cannot take the place of an English course”.
But I try to make use from any thing learning English.
Ok I’ll try my question its very focus in another time.
In fact I develop my language through in this web special from you “Amy”.
so I know you don’t be Late to help me in English.
Thank Yankee. :smiley:
Mba

Salaam and Hello, Mba :smiley:

You don’t need to call me Mrs. or Miss or Ms (and you definitely should not call me Mr.) :lol:

Please just call me Amy. :smiley:

That. it’s very nice from you Amy :wink:
You are the nicest here :stuck_out_tongue: