I need some feedback for my Toefl essays, can anyone help me? THX :D

how is your generation different from your parents’?

nowadays everybody talks about a conflict between generation. this is a well-know expression used to explain misunderstanding among people of different age. I’ve always in my mind the image of an old man says to a young one " if you lived in my ages, you would not think in this way! " It’s odd that every generation is different from each others in important ways.

One reason for supporting that my generation is different from my parents’ is obvious: the technological progress. My parents got informations mainly through newspapers, now we can be informed through internet. Another things that pops up in my mind is television. This was a luxury that not many people could have afforded, and even if they could it was poor in topics and movies. In fact I remember that my father mainly watch fantasy movies like “King kong”.
Those films seems so ancient now.

Another important difference between our generation is caused by wedding meaning. My parents met each other and got married without knowing each other very well. In their age was usual act like this, no many significance was given to the feelings. Nevertheless, some marriages were planned by relatives just for economic purposes. Now it’s more unusual that two persons can get married just for secondary advantages. There’s a more open mind and more freedom of acting and choosing.

So based on all the above mentioned points, I think that our generations are different from each others, I don’t want to say that one is better than the other one, just that it’s good to keep in our mind that difference exist and always will be in this way.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an Art History class

Nowadays everybody talks about a conflict between generation. This is a well-know expression used to explain misunderstanding among people of different age GROUPS. I’ve always KEPT in my mind the image of an old man sayING to a young one "If you lived in my ages, you would not think in this way! " It’s odd that every generation is different from each others in important ways.

FIRSTLY One reason for supporting that my generation is different from my parents’ is obvious: DUE TO the technological progress. My parents got informations mainly through newspapers, now we can be informed through internet. Another things that pops up in my mind is television. This was a luxury that not many people could have afforded, and even if they could it was poor in topics CHANNELS and LACKED THE ABILITY TO SHOW movies. In fact I remember that my father mainly watchED fantasy movies like “King kong”.
Those films seems so ancient now.

Another important difference between our generation is caused by ARRANGE AND LOVE wedding MARRIAGES meaning. My parents met each other and got married without knowing each other very well. In their age IT was A usual act like this, noT mUCH significance was given to the feelings. Nevertheless, some marriages were planned by relatives just for economic purposes. Now it’s more unusual that two persons INDIVIDUALS can get married just for secondary advantages. There’s a more open mind and more freedom of acting and choosing.

So based on all the above mentioned points, I think that ALTHOUGH our generations are different from each others, I don’t want to say that one is better than the other. just that It’s good to keep in our mind that difference exists and always will be in this way.

how is your generation different from your parents’?

nowadays everybody talks about a conflict between generationS. this is a well-know expression used to explain misunderstanding among people of different ageS. I’ve always HAD the image of an old man sayING to a youngER one " if you lived in my ages, you would not think (without in) this way! " ON MY MIND.It’s odd that every generation is different from THE others in important ways.

One reason for supporting that my generation is different from my parents’ is obvious: the technological progress. My parents RECIEVED information(SINGULAR!) mainly through newspapers, now we GET informed through internet. Another thing( TELEVISION=SINGULAR=THING) that pops up in my mind is television. This was a luxury WHICH many people could NOT have afforded, and even if they could it was poor in PROGRAMES and movies. In fact I remember that my father mainly watchES fantasy movies like “King kong”.
THIS films seems so ancient now.

Another important difference between our generation is caused by wedding meaning. My parents met each other and got married without knowing THEMSELVES very well. In their age IT was COMMON TO act like this. THEY DIDNT GIVE A LOT OF significance to THEIR feelings. Nevertheless, some marriages were planned by relatives just for economic(PRIVATE or PERSONAL) purposes. Now it’s more POPULAR FOR TWO PEOPLE TO get married just for THE secondary advantages. PEOPLE ARE MORE OPEN MINDED and HAVE more freedom of THEIR acts.

So based on all the above mentioned points, I think that our generation IS different from OTHERS , I don’t want to say that one is better than ANOTHER, just that it’s good to keep in our mind that difference exist and always will be in this way.

Hey there :slight_smile: I think that you should rewrite the conclusion!! and you should revise the singular and plural ending of the verbs … :slight_smile: good job though