I just want to check if you are inside the toilet or not because windows...

Hello everybody,

When windows technician asked me to insert mosquito net on the office toilet, I felt worried if someone inside the toilet. So, I knocked the guy in the next room to check if its vacant or not. When I knocked and open her room, she said: please coming. Then I answered her like this sentence:

I just want to check if you are inside the toilet or not because windows technician want to insert mosquito net.

Is that correct sentence?

Thanks in advance.

There are several mistakes in you sentence. It would be better to say “I just wanted to check if you are inside the toilet or not, because the windows technician wants to insert a mosquito net” (or " insert mosquito netting"). “install” would probably be a better choice than “insert.”
In American usage “inside the toilet” would mean that the person was actually inside the white ceramic fixture and not the room. Bathroom, rest room, ladies room, or washroom would be used

Hi Erik,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Hi,
This is my openion,

It is an office toilet, therefore which is suitable to say “I have just knocked to check whether anybody inside the toilet.”

Hi Erik,

Funnily enough ‘nside the toilet’ means exactly what you say it means, in any form of English.

Alan

Hi
I am very sorry Alan i didn’t understand what you are saying.

Thankyou.

Hello all,

Thanks for your suggestion here.

Regards.