I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum.

I am applying for the XLRI executive MBA course in Business Management.
I want to get my SOP reviewed. I am not very confident if it meets the expectations.
Can someone please review it and provide their valuable feedback?

I heard SOP is a “make or break factor” in the interview. Is it true?

“There are two levers for moving man - interest and fear. I strongly agree with Napolean Bonaparte on this and feel interest alone can drive a person to accomplish his tasks.
My interest in Business has started developing from the completion of my B.E., and grew strong when I started working in the I.T. department for one of the biggest coorporate houses of India - Infosys Tech. Ltd. During my work I realized that business and I.T. are inseperable and go hand in hand. The nature of my work let me travel to different places in both India and the U.S. where I got to work with large retail and financial institutions that helped me understand their business model. Also my specialization in retail and banking domain helped me to realize that a business management would help me carve a niche in the corporate world.
XLRI - Jamshedpur an esteemed institution with its highly experienced faculty appeals to my professional intersets. The business management program offered here rated as one of the finest of its kind in the country would provide me the requisite platform for realizing my ambition.”

thanks,
Dhruv

Hi,

plzzzzzz review my SOP, I need to submit it by tomorrow eod.
Updated SOP:

Professionally and careerwise an MBA can take me miles ahead.

There are two levers for moving a person - Interest and fear, said Napolean Bonaparte and I think interest alone can drive a person to achieve the goal he has set for himself. During my work with the I.T. department of Infosys Tech. Ltd., one of the biggest software companies of India, I realised that Business Managementand I.T. go hand in hand. The nature of my work required me to travel to the United States as well, where I got to work with large retail and financial houses, that helped me understand their business models. Also my specialization in the retail and banking domain helped me to realise that a Business Management course would definitely help me carve out a niche in the corporate world.
XLRI, Jamshedpur, an institute of high repute with its highlt experiences faculy appealed me to acheieve my academic goal. The Business Management programme offered by the instaitute is rated as one of the best of its kind in India, and this is precisely why I want to join XLRI, Jamshedpur.