“I have incorporating your suggestions in the csv file I am using.”

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have incorporated…
or
I am incorporating…
or
I will incorporate…

The rest depends on what you are trying to say. Like what kind of suggestions? What kind of info in the CSV file? Is the person you are writing to already familiar with the CSV file? Are you adding new data to the file, or just changing the way you do it?

If they already know about the CSV file, you might consider leaving off “I am using”, and simply end it with “the CSV file”, “the file”, or “my file”.

In vs into:
I’m not sure on this one. Maybe one of the grammar people can help. This might be a case where established practices have not caught up with the computer age. A file is not a physical thing that you can enter ( go into ).

6 Likes

Thanks for your excellent reply, NearlyNapping!

As Software is new generation entity (new thing) for English language, depends on the person, many words are used differently. No concrete rules as of now (unlike conventional English usage).
Any thing is acceptable, as long as it is used in combination with Software.

2 Likes

I think it, usually, is 'incorporate in or integrate into.

1 Like

I think a lot of computer language is pure collocation that is still changing quite rapidly.

Someone sits at the computer.
Someone is on the computer.

I don’t know if there is any rhyme or reason for those prepositions other than collocation. It’s just the way people started saying it. Sometimes it’s carried over from the days before computers. A file is a file. A folder is a folder. Although folders were originally called directories, which is technically more accurate, but less intuitive for users.

4 Likes

Yes, now, the technologists have become the authority to assign meanings to words!
Well, as regards ‘at the computer’ they, perhaps, mean it like ‘at the table’, and ‘on the computer’, they mean it as working on the computer.

Coming to coinage of words in technology, when I asked a Microsoft director why they called it mouse, he said it was due to the fact that it moved like a mouse. A simple and reasonable answer! Then I asked him why the plural of ‘mouse’ was not coined as ‘mouses’ rather than mice, which could have avoided the confusion and conflict with the original meaning. “It is for the users of the language to decide”, he replied!

3 Likes

@Torsten, could you tell me how I can get rid of this blue-black circle that appears while replying.
It blocks my view when I reach the bottom.
See the sentence below:
I cannot see the first word here.

2 Likes

I’m aware of this problem and we’ll fix it. Many thanks for reminding me again.

2 Likes

It bothered me too! Not sure why it has come!

2 Likes

We are going to remove it.

2 Likes

@Anglophile Can you please check again and let me know if the icon has gone?

2 Likes

Yes, @Torsten, it seems to have vanished as I am replying to you now. There is no obstacle. Thank you.

1 Like