I have been on site for ages

I would love to write more often but logging in has become a problem.

3 Likes

Hi Alan, I’m glad you have made back to the site and am confident we will be able to solve your login problem.

3 Likes

Sorry to blurt out my problem online but I simply wanted to make it clear that I am not shirking writing on the site. I am sure Torsten you’ll sort out my technology problem as you have many times for me over the years - at least 20 years plus.:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Since you use Chrome (which is a wise decision) you might want to check this out: Manage passwords - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Also, @Andrea might be able to help you too since she has taught ICT at a school in London…

3 Likes

Hi Alan.

Have a look at the website below, it will help you clear your browser cache.

I’m not sure if you have Antivirus software (eg: Kaspersky, Norton, AVG) but it can also cause a problem. Antivirus software can be disabled. I’ve read others have had issues logging in because of Kaspersky.

Add-ons can also create issues with logging in to websites.

Hope these can help too.

Have a great day! Take care. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for your help. Alan is using an iPad and I hope he no longer will be troubled by an elusive password.

I remember having discussions about computers, operating systems and other devices here on the forum. Back in 2011 Ilja Gorelik, a digital entrepreneur from Moscow gave me a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad during a meeting at his office in Dresden. Believe it or not I still have that very laptop :wink: because I do believe that we should save natural resources. The ThinkPad is constantly sitting back home at my desk and I’m afraid of switching it off because it might not start again ;-). Once it stops working for good I’ll purchase a Chromebook which is the best choice for my purposes for various reasons. What machine(s) are you using? I remember you telling me that you have your own server at home. Very interesting…

3 Likes

Hi Andrea,

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to send me that info. By process of elimination I have now changed my password and I can now get to the site without a problem and to prove it I have written a short piece called - Passwords, security etc.

Many thanks again

Alan

4 Likes

Hi Alan, you’re welcome anytime. I’m so glad you’ve sorted it out now. Yippee yippee yay!! Happy days! Yes, I saw your latest piece. Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting indeed. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi Torsten, thanks for your message :blush: Wow, you’ve had your laptop for ages. It must be a very good one. I hope you do backup your files :thinking: :nerd_face: I have a Samsung laptop but the fan makes a noise so I can’t teach with it. I use my husband’s Lenovo laptop which works well. I think next year we need to replace them. Yes, we have our own server at home so everything gets backed up too. My husband set it up so it’s like an office :wink: The nice thing is if there’s something wrong with the laptop it can just get formatted. There will be no loss of data because it’s on the server :smile:.

2 Likes