"I guess my new boyfriend does have some faults. He got angry last night because I talked to my parents for five minutes on the telephone - he complained because he said I was ignoring him. That is the first time he got angry around me," Vanessa said. Emma replied, "Did you expect him to be perfect? Never a rose without a ....., you know."

"I guess my new boyfriend does have some faults. He got angry last night because I talked to my parents for five minutes on the telephone - he complained because he said I was ignoring him. That is the first time he got angry around me," Vanessa said. Emma replied, "Did you expect him to be perfect? Never a rose without a ....., you know." (*) prick (*) root (*) flower (*) spine

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/12813,i-guess-my-new-boyfriend-does-have-some-faults-he-got-angry-last-night-because-i-talked-to-my-parents-for-five-minutes-on-the-telephone-he-complained-because-he-said-i-was-ignoring-him-that-is-the-first-time-he-got-angry-around-me-vanessa-said-emma-replied-did-you-expect-him-to-be-perfect-never-a-rose-without-a-___-you-know/