"I am sorry about the other night at your parents' house. I hope they don't think I am boring or impolite. I know I didn't talk much. I wasn't at my ..... the other night. I have been sick all week and, then, I found out the night of the dinner party that my cousin had passed away. I didn't get a chance to tell you before dinner," Jack told Maureen.

"I am sorry about the other night at your parents' house. I hope they don't think I am boring or impolite. I know I didn't talk much. I wasn't at my ..... the other night. I have been sick all week and, then, I found out the night of the dinner party that my cousin had passed away. I didn't get a chance to tell you before dinner," Jack told Maureen. (*) usefulness (*) polished self (*) greatness (*) best

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/13234,i-am-sorry-about-the-other-night-at-your-parents-house-i-hope-they-dont-think-i-am-boring-or-impolite-i-know-i-didnt-talk-much-i-wasnt-at-my-___-the-other-night-i-have-been-sick-all-week-and-then-i-found-out-the-night-of-the-dinner-party-that-my-cousin-had-passed-away-i-didnt-get-a-chance-to-tell-you-before-dinner-jack-told-maureen/