How would you use land you received?

“Imagine that you have received some land as you wish. How would you use this land? Use specific reasons.”

As I was visiting in another country, I got to know a family that was involved with charity. A very wealthy family with several children of their own had their hearts opened to serve others and share what they possessed. Every summer the family would use their big house with a huge beautiful backyard to host a group of orphan children from a poor country. They showed a great example of caring for each other and sharing.

Thus if I had a chance to possess some land I would also use it for charitable reasons. On the piece of land, I would like to have a big house built. It should be capacious enough to accommodate more than one family. As children usually long to have their own room with nice set up, we would try to make sure their dreams come true.

Besides, knowing how much children like being on the fresh air, a broad fascinating backyard with trees, flowers, benches and swings would be a necessity! How many creative events can families have in their yards – from having picnics in the summertime to playing in the snow in winter! Hanging out in the backyard in any season was the favorite entertainment for the children that spent a summer with the family I knew.

I was raised in the country where people grow food to eat and I would definitely like to have a vegetable garden on the piece of land I possess. Fresh and healthy food would always be a part of our meals. Children would be allowed to have their plants and be responsible for taking care of them. Then everybody will enjoy gathering the harvest in the fall!

I should say that for every individual it is important not only posses things, but share them with others. How much better would our world become if each of us cared about others just a little more than we do now.

P.S. Hi Sir, could you please look through this essay and let me know if its organization is well enough?! Vielen Dank!

Irina

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a dorm mother and a resident

WHEN I was visiting in another country, I got to know a family that WERE involved with charity. A very wealthy family with several children of their own had their hearts opened to serve others and share what they possessed. Every summer the family would use their big house with a huge beautiful backyard(,) to host a group of orphan children from a poor country. They showed a great example of caring AND SHARING WITH OTHERS.

Thus if I had a chance to possess some land I would also use it for charitable reasons. On the piece of land, I would like to have a big house built. It should be SPACIOUS enough to accommodate more than one family. As children usually long to have their own room with A nice set up, we would try to make sure their dreams come true.

Besides, knowing how much children like being IN the fresh air, a broad fascinating backyard with trees, flowers, benches and swings would be a necessity! How many creative events can families have in their yards – from having picnics in the summertime to playing in the snow in winter! Hanging out in the backyard in any season was the favorite entertainment for the children that spent a summer with the family I knew.

I was raised in the country(,) where people grow food to eat and I would definitely like to have a vegetable garden on the piece of land I possess. Fresh and healthy food would always be a part of our meals. Children would be allowed to have their plants and be responsible for taking care of them. Then everybody will enjoy gathering the harvest in the fall!

I should say that for every individual it is important not only TO posses things, but TO share them with others. How much better would our world become if each of us cared about others just a little more than we do now.?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very nice essay Iryshka. It covered the theme quite well in my opinion, but lacked a convincing conclusion.

Kitos. 8/10