How to write an essay for Muskie graduation program?

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE essay and PROGRAM OF STUDY ESSAY

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term

I’m applying for Muskie program and have to wirte an essay but don’t know how to begin… Here is the requirements for essay: Please write a detailed essay describing your future career plans, why you want and need to study in the US at the graduate level, and how you hope to contribute to your country’s democratic and economic development.

I write an essay to Amideast to gain scholarship to study in USA , but it needs correction especially punctuation . You can get it from the forums

Thank you for your advice, I’ll follow it… as I finish my essay I’ll put it into forum for others consideration

At last I’ve finished my application. Using some hints and advices from special web sites for writing statement of purpose I finished my essay and put it here for your consideration…
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Education is a social process. Education is growth.
Education is, not a preparation for life; education is life itself.
John Dewey

I rushed to apply for this scholarship to study in the USA because I’ve dreamed to study there since my childhood. Moreover, I have ambitious career goals and plans for my future life and believe this program can help me reach these goals. The future will belong to me if I can see possibilities before they become evident. I’ve always believed that the answer to my destiny lies in creating the goals of life. I know I can achieve something in my life only after the implementation of my planned goals, in the success of which I believe. In order to take the path to my career, I must improve my skills, enrich my knowledge and obtain experience in the field which I’m going to study. This program gives me an opportunity and I said to myself, I must use this golden opportunity to study in the US. Apart from that after training in the US, I can make a beneficial contribution to my country’s economic and democratic development and to be worthwhile to my nation. This scholarship can exceed my expectations, because the USA’s advanced education system will surely further develop my skills acquired in Uzbekistan and make them professional. A good educational background and ability to use it in beneficial conditions is a significant point in rising along career stairs.
When I make a decision about the work I am going to do in my life, it is important that the decision is based on criteria that reflect my personal values, temperaments, experiences and skills. My choice of going along the education field was not made lightly; rather, it was the culmination of a process of reflection about what I wanted to do with my career. At the age of 9, when I was transferred to a new school, I faced great difficulty related to the English language, as in my previous school I didn’t have English lessons. It was sort of problems for me to learn English along with those pupils who were at the intermediate level already. This kind of a knotty situation had touched me so that I resolved to master this language wholly and made a decision to enter the University of World Languages. Now I am assertive enough to express my thoughts in this language which is no longer alien to me. Year by year I continue to open new pages of the English language, revealing its reach history, versatility in usage, wide range of synonyms, antonyms and colourful phrases and idioms. Especially, I have always felt that my vocation is my work as a translator and teacher of the English language. Having chosen the Translation department, I can develop myself both in teaching and translation. I have chosen education as a career because I am sure that education is the most vital element of each country’s development. I believe that teachers individually and collectively cannot only improve the world, but also change it, and in the process find personal and professional renewal. I want to be part of this noble profession and counted someday among those in whom future teachers found inspiration.
Since the United States of America is a country known for its advanced education, I need to be trained in a specialized institute in the USA that will see my knowledge as a stepping-stone to higher education, and help enlarge my world-outlook.
Each country needs experienced and educated professionals, having brought my generation up, our country wants to see our contributions to making a powerful and developing country. I love my Uzbekistan more than any other country in this world. For this reason after training in the US, I can make clear steps to the methods of teaching English and translation, and with a broad practice I can without fear aim for higher positions in education, which will give me a chance to realize my goals to make new turns in the education system of my country. As the president of Uzbekistan, Islam Karimov, said: “Do not ask what your country has done for you, but say what you have done for your country”. I know that the desire to contribute to my country’s economic and democratic development, experience and skills brought from the US will help me fulfil my goals.
When I get my postgraduate certificate, I will go back to Uzbekistan to work towards improving and strengthening the education system, which I’m part of it, through sharing my experiences with teachers and students in the regions, and by organizing specialized training courses according to the foundations of modern and expedient education. I also wish to work on the cultural exchange field through the establishment of twins between some US and Uzbek schools. My commitment to my education is strong and I know that, if admitted, I will be able to earn a solid grade point average, and graduate with the skills and experience to build my career. I know where to straight the power of my will, to ensure that my career doesn’t lie on the ruins of indecisiveness. In this thought alone, I choose the only path that shall lead me to certain success in your program. To come my wishes and plans true I want and need to study in the US.

Here are some advices for writing good essay. As I’ve learned, first, you should define your subject then you must show 3 or 4 (how many do you like) vital reasons, which you can use as a plan and will widely explain your reasons…

I am a paricipant of muskie too. I took part on Business Administration. Your SOP is great i wish u success . I`ll send my sop on pm .

Thank u very much, I also wish u success…

I am not now in Tashkent . Can you help me to buying and sending me TOEFL books. Wich them u know or using now?

don’t you think when computer starts to check your essay it could check this SOP and mark it as “used before”?

Why do u think so?