How to pronounce bus, study, cut?

“bus”,
“study”,
“cut”.

thanks.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Emphasis on the " U " is the correct way.

I’m confused. Ski’s pronunciation is more like an open “a”, meanwhile Kito’s is more like an “u”.
Are both possible?
thanks.

Good morning Subway. I have this discussion with my German pupils. They, to my shame, speak better sounding English than I.

You ask are both acceptable? I’d suggest that you use Ski’s. It sounds better than mine.

Hi,

As I’ve said several times in the past, there are many variations both in expressions and in the pronunciation of words in English even in my small island. As for what is better or more acceptable, I don’t really see matters. The fact is that I speak with an accent you would hear in most parts of the southeast of England whereas Bill speaks with an accent that you would hear in the north of England. And that’s the difference.

Bill would say it like this - and I would say it like this -

Variety is the spice of life as another Bill -the English poet,William Cowper once said. Incidentally there’s a pub bearing his name not a million miles from where I’m now sitting as he was a local lad.

Alan