How often do you replace technical devices, gadgets and appliances?

Hi, how often do you purchase a new technical devices and gadgets such as computers, laptops, mobile phones, TV sets, DVD and MP3 players, etc.? Are you a person who always wants the latest in technology and therefore replaces their devices on a regular basis or do you tend to use your machines until they wear out or fall apart?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Giving an opening speech to the National Tennis Championship Tournament[YSaerTTEW443543]

I use the gadgets while they are usable, unless the new version with revolutionary changes comes out :slight_smile:

Hi Torsten

I use devices and gadgets until they die or are no longer compatible with anything else.

This is me all right!

I still have (and regularly use) the same hi-fi I bought 25 years ago – that says it all, doesn’t it? Everybody around me always seems to have the latest gagetry (for many, it must be a question of honour or of life and death!), but I couldn’t care less. As long as the machine is useful enough to me, I’m not in a hurry to change it. I’ve also inherited my daughter’s old mobile phone, but wouldn’t have minded keeping my even older one (actually, it must still be there somewhere). Oh, and I don’t see the need for a laptop… yet!

Now, when in another thread you talked about robot hoovers, you got me curious and looking around in shops for a while, but unsuccessfully – I wouldn’t mind having one of those, actually.

Another concession to technology was replacing my old 19-year-old Renault 11 with a Citro?n C4, last summer. I had really been looking forward to it, I must say (we’ve kept the “deposed” car, though!).

From all the items enumerated(listed) above, I often change mobile phones to the latest ones (mobile technologies develop rapidly nowadays). That is my weakness. I can change other devices only in case they go wrong. :lol:

I have a tendency of placing them with the new ones even when they are repairable. I just replaced my ipod with a gigabeat and my friends were like :shock: apparently they think ipod is classier.

I guess I get tired easily and just making excuses for a new one. If I were not a student and had all the money in the world, I think I would certainly buy buy buy!

p.s. my attitude differs towards certain things, for example, I still use the same purse for 8 years now but I have like 5 eyeglasses 8) but gadgets are cool stuffs, so…

I’ll get back to this post as soon as I finish rewinding my Gramophone.