How much do you spend online every day?

How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?

• less than 15 minutes
  • between 15 minutes and 1 hour
  • between 1 and 2 hours
  • more than 2 hours
  • 24 hours :wink:

0 voters

Hi, a friend of mine has to do a research project on how people’s media consumption has been changing since the arrival of the Internet. Could you give us a hand? How much time do you spend on the Internet daily and what are your main activities? Do you read and write emails, chat, participate in forums and newsgroups, read the news, download MP3 files etc? I know not everybody will be willing to share this type of information but maybe you can give us some hints?
Thanks,
FrankU

This can vary from a couple of minutes to hours and hours.

Today I have to spend at least eight hours on the Internet, because I am doing a translation, and most of the best dictionaries and research tools are online. It speeds up my translation work to be hooked up to the Internet and toggle between MS Word and two or three browser windows (and two or three different browsers, of the six browsers on my machine).

Hi Jamie, thank you for your quick response. What text are you translating and into what language? Also, you have used the word toggle - I take it, it means to switch between two things?
Frank

I’m translating a contract from German to English. I would never be able to write the things in German myself that I can understand here and put into relatively good English.

Yes, “toggle” means to switch from one window to another. The word has many more meanings, so you should probably look it up.

Hi,
Well,answering your question,I spend two hours and a half on the internet because I found this page and I find it very interesting… I think I spend two hours between the toefl questions and the forum and half an hour checking my mails,I hope this information would help you, bye
Cristina