How long have you been learning English?

Most people learn English, when they are 5-7 years old.

1 Like

I have been learning English for the last 60 years.

Most children start learning English at the age of five.

3 Likes

I HAVE BEEN LEARNING AFTER JOINING THE FORUM. In school days, I have not learned more than what I learned on the forum, then I started improve English by writing comments in the Facebook.

2 Likes

Hello there. I have been learning English for about 15 years, and I think I have quite a high level of it. I’ve been using different methods in learning languages. When learning English, I used to watch different movies, series and shows and reading in English WITHOUT SUBTITLES (because they distruct my attention from the audio) Also I used special apps like Duolingo and went to English schools, where teachers could explain me the main grammar rules. English was kinda easy for me, I’m learning Italian now and it’s much harder (IDK why). I’ve been living in Italy for a year and a half and I went to Italian Language school fda-sanremo.com and at least I could understand how to use the language and started apeaking a little. I also want to start learning German in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Nice question for me to answer. I have been learning English through ETN/Best English for 10 years. I have suffered a lot when I joined the Forum, since I studied in Tamil Medium in my school days. Then I found the Form in the online free course, and joined the forum. That time my Coach and even my Coach and Guru, Sir Torston and Sir Alan. They trained me to practice TOEIC listening Exercises and Sir Alan’s Essays, which helped me a lot to learn English, still I love to attend TOEIC listening Exercise, which would improve our English (Written, Spoken, Reading …) we can also improve our vocabulary. So we can have total satisfaction in learning English which we cannot get it through watching movies. Wish you all the best.

2 Likes

As for me, I have been learning English since around 1980 and this job will keep me busy way beyond 2050. (Hopefully :smiley:)

2 Likes

I’ve been learning English for about 6 years already. It’s quite a tough process for me, so I use professional tutor help at studenterra dot com. It helps a lot and gives me a lot of opportunities, for example, I now can learn how to speak fluently.l

2 Likes

Hi Nasatya, welcome to our forum. Please tell us a little more about yourself. Where are you from and why do you want to improve your English?

1 Like

I’ve been learning English for the past 20 years and still trying to keep myself updated. From my own experience the best way to learn English is to watch movies with subtitles, listen to audiobooks, and of course to read regular books, especially short stories and novels. Currently, I am reading this book

Please, suggest some good English novels :grin:

2 Likes

What kind of books do you like? I mostly read fantasy. I sometimes read classics, autobiographies, history, historical novels, sci-fi and maybe a few others.

2 Likes