How is better to promote employees? senioroty or performance.

There are different ways for promoting and relegating employees in an organization. Although, some people believe that promotions should be on the ground of seniority, I reckon that promotions should be on the basis of performance.

In the first place, by promoting employees based on THEIR performance we can improve the quality of OUR work. Broadly speaking, promotions are given as incentives to employees. Therefore, every employee tries to receive some THESE incentives. Hence, there should be some criteria for selecting the best person for being promoted. I think seniority cannot be a good [s]criteration /sfor promotion and relegation because seniority is something that everyone, regardless of his attempts and achievements, can reach. Seniroty dose not deffinitely mean that the employee is working well and has provided the company with a lot of contributions. However, by promoting employees on the basis of performance(,) people compete and try to improve their competence to achieve the promotion. Hence, there will be an improvement in the quality of work.

In the second place, promotion based on performance can help organizations to retain their diligent workforce. When an organization promoteS its employees based on the quality of what they contribute to the organization, people feel that they are treated fairly. The reason for that goes back to the nature of life. For example, many people believe that we will be treated in the hereafter based on our good and bad deeds. The better we do today, the better we will live in the hereafter. We all like to be treated fairly and I think by promoting in terms of performance we respect to this feeling of human being. Consequently, the desire for remainningin the workplace will increase.

In conclusion, I belIEve that we (organizations) should promote employees based on performance because by doing so organizations (they) can improve the quality of their work and they can keep their proficient and better employees.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do the Lascaux cave paintings probably not qualify as graffiti?

There are different ways for promoting and relegating employees in an organization. Although, some people believe that promotions should be on the grounds of seniority, I reckon that promotions should be on the basis of performance.

In the first place, by promoting employees based on their performance we can improve the quality of their work. Broadly speaking, promotions are given as incentives to employees. Therefore, every employee tries to gain this form of recognition. Hence, there should be some criteria for selecting the best person for being promoted. I think seniority cannot be a good criterion for promotion and relegation, because seniority is something that everyone, regardless of their attempts and achievements can reach. Seniority does not mean that the employee has worked well and has provided the company with lots of contributions. However, by promoting employees on the basis of performance, people compete and try to improve their competence to achieve promotion. Hence, there will be an improvement in the quality of their work.

In the second place, promotion based on performance can help organizations to retain their diligent workforce. When an organization promotes its employees based on the quality of what they contribute to the organization, people feel that they are being treat fairly. The reason for that goes back to the nature of life. For example, many people believe that we will be treat in the hereafter based on our good and bad deeds performed here on earth. The better we do today, the better we will live in the hereafter. We all like to be treated fairly and I think that by promoting in terms of performance we respect to this feeling of human beings. Consequently, the desire for remaining in the workplace will increase.

In conclusion, I believe that organizations should promote employees based on performance, because by doing so they can improve the quality of their work and they can keep their most proficient and industrious employees.

Nicely done Mohammad.

Kitos. 8.5/10

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do the Lascaux cave paintings probably not qualify as graffiti?
[/quote]

Thank you very much sir. What is the difference between “lots of” and “a lot of” ?
“has provided the company with a lot of (lots of) contributions”

There are different ways for promoting and relegating employees in an organization. Although, some people believe that promotions should be on the groundS of seniority, I reckon that promotions should be on the basis of performance.

In the first place, by promoting employees based on (their) performance we can improve the quality of (THEIR) work. Broadly speaking, promotions are given as incentives to employees. Therefore, every employee tries to receive THESE incentives (gain this form of recognition). Hence, there should be some criteria for selecting the best person for being promoted. I think seniority cannot be a good criterion for promotion and relegation(,) because seniority is something that everyone, regardless of [s]his /s attempts and achievements, can reach. Seniority dose not definitely mean that the employee is working well (has worked well) and has provided the company with a lot of (lots of) contributions. However, by promoting employees on the basis of performance(,) people compete and try to improve their competence to achieve the promotion. Hence, there will be an improvement in the quality of (their) work.

In the second place, promotion based on performance can help organizations to retain their diligent workforce. When an organization promoteS its employees based on the quality of what they contribute to the organization, people feel that they are (being) treated fairly. The reason for that goes back to the nature of life. For example, many people believe that we will be treated in the hereafter based on our good and bad deeds (performed here on earth). The better we do today, the better we will live in the hereafter. We all like to be treated fairly and I think by promoting in terms of performance we respect to this feeling of human beingS. Consequently, the desire for remaining in the workplace will increase.

In conclusion, I believe that [s]we /s should promote employees based on performance because by doing so organizations (they) can improve the quality of their work and they can keep their proficient and better (industrious) employees.

Lots of is considered to be more than a lot.

Hi mohammad!
Thank you for rewriting your work and showing us the corrections.
All members including me, can learn it more easily.

Hi Argentum,

Your welcome Argentum. I do this work for three reasons.

First, Kitosdad expects us to pay attention to our mistakes and not to repeat them in our later essays . Second, as Kitosdad believes, in this way, I learn better from my mistakes in my essays. Third, other people can learn better.

Mohammad’s diligence is what puts him at the top of the class.