How fast can you type?

Dear Sir,

Thank for mailing me. I don´t Know anything about Mat Typing software. When I want to type I use a computer to do.

Tchau
Macombo

So how are going to learn how to type properly if you don’t use any software of learning system? How do you know which finger to use for which keys?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A bank customer is asking about her recent money transfer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello everybody;
I agree when the emails said that to read is more easy to write. I read its very fast and I understand but when I like to write or answer it takes me more long time.
I can notice that I write more fastest everyday but I have to improve.

Regards,
Edgar

Dear Torsten,

Of course, I don´t have a softare sistem to know all the rules to type well and so fast.
How can I get it? What I have to do to start use it?

Tchau
Macombo

Hi Macombo,

Here are the steps:

• google “dance mat typing”
  • go to the beginner pages
  • follow the exercises
  • practise the exercises for at least 10 minutes every single day

Good luck,
Torsten

PS: You should also install Firefox to stop making spelling mistakes here on the forum.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing the expansion plans of a coffee house chain[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello every body, I can not write fast using a keyboard as many of your, in secondary school I remember that only women taked this courses, today in this computerized world is importan develop this kind of skills. I agree, as fast you can write you will be more efficient in your professional life. I remember read about some methods to impove this skills based on memorize the keyboard and learn to pick some key wich each finger, use all fingers is the goal without mistakes picking keys with wrong one. Some person close their eyes while they are writing on keybord. Other important subject to write faster, of course, is to know how the word must be writed and grammar to be used, as better you know the language is better.

Dear Sir,

I want to thank for sending me the steps to Mat Typing. I Really enjoy it and I promise you that I will practise everyday in order to type fast.

Thanks a lot
Macombo

There is one programme called Baby Type for learning touch typing, if no one has mentioned it so far…

hi everybody!!!
well… i didn’t take some typing courses !! but i think that i’m good in it !! cuz by using the net.the chat-rooms…the forums… i’ve learned how to type a litle bit …
but is it necessary to learn how to type ?? i mean for us like students who want to improve their English language ?? .

HADIA…

I’m slow in typing because I type in two diffrent languages Arabic & English so it is difficult to learn typing as fast as possible but I’m trying.
thank you

Hi everybody,
I don’t think I can type English very fast and exactly. It’s so bad. :frowning:
So can anyone give me some great suggestions? Thank you! :slight_smile:

By the way, I have something confused and need your helps.
I know sometime somewhere we can use apostrophe (’) in “I’m, You’re, We don’t, etc.”, but any others? Please let me know.

On the other hand, there are so many Latin Abbreviations frequently used in English, how many about it do you know, and could you share them with me? Do you think they can be used only in written English or both written and spoken?

Let me know if you have something treasure to share with me.
Thank you for all your helps.

Regards,
Candy Chen

Hi, I had type english and my originall language (Persian) when I was 18(10 years ago).I had practiced with my father’s type machine I started my work when I was 18 . I worked as a secretary so I need to type fast . I m very fast for typing letters. and I 'm glad for this :slight_smile:

Hello Laura,

I just read your story and am so impressed. I admire you very much. Although I haven’t seen you before, I already have a very positive feeling toward you. I wish I could be a friend of you. I’m living with my husband in Minneapolis, Mn and so desperately need to learn English. If I can be in touch with you, I will be so pleased.

Sincerely,

Just A Friend

hi every body i had difficulty of typing and i have it yet too.but not as much as i had in the past becuse i practise alot it can help me to type faster than in the past but i have to still look at the key board if any one can help me to solve this problem i will become happy
:slight_smile:

hi andrea,
Typing always attracted me from my childhood. There are so many typing institute in my surroundings that are well equipped with all necessary tools to help students to learn typing. I started my typing from one of such institute.

with time, i got competency in typing and now my speed is 50 wpm. i participated in many typing tests and performed well. this skill always gives me deep internal satisfaction and such a pleasure that a musician gains when he performed with any of his musical instrument.

it is good to write to share something about typing in my opinion this skill develops with practice and it belongs to our mind rather than our speedy moving of fingers on key board so when we practise the key board in manner that we make ourselves able to recall the correct places of alphabets then it is guarantee of correct and speedy typing.

in my view, everyone can learn this skill by himself but one must consult for experience of others.

with regards

I type pretty slow and I been trying to type properly, but it’s not really working out.

Hello

to me the problem is not to type fast, i can type fast but only with 4 fingers :frowning: its embarrassing but the problem is i dont have free time to learn the correct way of typing because i go to work in the worning and i have lectures in the evening.

I agree with that… People now are more passive… they just wanna read and receive… and receive and receive… few people now are inclined to write and make and give…

Hi,
I don’t like writing, but I’m tring to like it because it’s a great way to share other my thoughts my ideas .I hope I can be better than that.By the way I like this site .

HI there,

Good Morning everyone,

Although I forgot to Introduce my self, I’m Alan my nick name is sanunai, I worked as Language Trainer for 4 years now in different school here in the Philippines
being a part time lecturer, I traveled a lot everywhere in the Philippines, I loved meeting a lot of people in different Tribes and languages, I came from the Queen City of the south Cebu, I terms of my language in English, Filipinos are good in English, We tend to speak,communicate and used English language anywhere in Philippines and gone in different places around the world. Cebu City is my hometown and a renowned place here where most people know how to speak English and considered primary language instead of using our native dialect so I think its very unique cultural language. Sometimes, I have a lot of question in mind because, We train 60% in listening skills, that why we tend to speak as what we hear, local television and most of the time foreign talk oriented shows, I had a problem with basic rules, that why every time I took examination before for me its kinda’ difficult to explain because we/I don’t know the rules, but Although I knew it was clear and correct because of what I heard before and even read some printed materials, So now I said that I think I need to go back in some basic rules for me not to forget everything right? that’s why I need your help all moderators and I think this would be the best time for to go back because I’m teaching English for almost 4 years now and our books here sometimes I wondered because not that complete and acceptable, (acceptable meaning sometimes in terms of context not that related to American context- and its basically Filipino context: like for example in American you called fridge Filipino called refrigerator…LOL.) so we called as Filipinoism .

Since I started working in Telemarketing/outbound agent our market is American I’ve learned a lot of things especially idiomatic expression and we forced to copy American accent very educational, We do have manuals that we considered guidelines for the practice.
I have a lot questions and of course as an assistance for me to practice more.

right now I’m planning to take another Master in Business Administration (MBA) in one of reputable school here in Metro manila
before I have my 21units in Master in Public Administration which I think my decision is right, I stopped my MPA because its not my field, MPA here is for the Goverment
and my field is in Business Administration, so I would like to continue my schooling again since I got my scholarship.

regards,

sanunai