How do you translate Wortgruppe into English?

If my memory serves me right, it is called a word-combination/cluster; could be a phrase too.

More linguistic term though is “Collocation”.



Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me how you would translate the word ‘Wortgruppe’ into English? Is it a key word, a phrase, a clause, a collocation or simply ‘a word combination’? For example, the phrase ‘gern ins Kino gehen’ would be a typical ‘Wortgruppe’.

Many thanks,