How do you like Brandee Sweesy's latest recording?

Hi,

How do you like this recording by Brandee Sweesy? I think your voice, intonation, pronunciation and speaking speed are very good. The only drawback is that there seems to be a constant underlying background noise which is probably due to either the mic or the software or both. Anyway, I like the way she is talking about life on Marathon and the Florida Keys.

What do you think?
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the optician’s[YSaerTTEW443543]

The background hum doesn’t bother me much; her speech is still clear, natural and well-paced. If students are going to transcribe this, it seems a little long. Here is what she says in the first part that you have posted, punctuated as it would be written:

Hi. My name is Brandee Sweesy, and I’m from the Florida Keys in the United States. The Florida Keys are the southernmost point in the continental United States and consist of 129 islands that are connected by bridges. The particular island that I live on is called “Marathon”. Marathon has a population of 7000 people, and during peak season there’s a population of 24 thousand people.

Hi Charles,

Thanks a lot for your swift and useful response. I’ve amended the transcript as you suggested.
Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the carpet market[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

Brandee’s voice is full of Florida sunshine. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and I think that is a huge plus.

I agree with MM that her recording will involve quite a lot of transcription. Maybe there are a few members who would like to test their listening skills and try to do some of the transcription. If Brandee’s recording could be transcribed in chunks of around 45 seconds each, you could end up with a very nice group effort.

Hi guys

Agree wholeheartedly with Amy.

On a separate but related point: getting learners to record themselves would be good.
Do you have the online capability here Torsten? something to consider during the overhaul per chance.

Hi Stew,

You are right about the online voice recorder. We have checked into all the technical solutions and are going to make a decision as to the best option. Yes, we will add this feature to our site and learners will have the opportunity to read texts or create free speech audio clips to get feedback and suggestions regarding their pronunciation, intonation, tone of voice, etc.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Greetings[YSaerTTEW443543]