How can I make my child learn English as his first language?

Hello my friends,
I need your advice , I have a baby is 1 years old and I want him to speak and understand english rather than his native language which is Arabic. can you help me?

1 Like

Simply, change the input data your baby receives. In other words, make sure that he hears English on a daily basis just as any other baby in an English country.

Mind you, ignoring his native language may be dangerous. It can bring on an identity crisis in the course of time. I do not think it is a good idea to make him speak and understand English at the expense of his native language. He will certainly need it in the future especially if you live in an Arab country (and even if you do not).

So, my advice to you is to go with both. Make him learn Arabic and English. After all, Arabic won’t prevent him from learning any other language in the future.

May God bless your baby.

1 Like

If you want to do so, I’d say that it would be wise to teach the baby both languages, as Happytofita wrote.

1 Like

Hi Noda
I am agree with Happytofita. it is wrong idea because at the end they will forgot how to speak Arabic…

I am Arabian girl us you, I have friend which is Arabian to but he can’t speak Arabic everybody laughing at him and he get shamed… So you must use both languages with your kids…

If you want them to be fluent in English let them study in privet schools or in institutes that tech English… but at normal life let them speak their mother tongue…

don’t worry kids can study faster than others…

1 Like

TV, in the background, in English, with lots of colourful kiddy programs. You don’t need to teach a fish to swim.

1 Like

hi every body.
really I am so happy for your care, and I confess that all of you are right but in my society here in Egypt the small child that can say some sentences in english or understand his parents when they are talking to him in english is something amazing you know my family is blaming me becouse I can’t my son different in his way of speaking as they think that speaking his native language which is Arabic not bad but don’t make him different from any other children in his age.
thanks a lot.

1 Like

so what do you think ?
how can I start with my baby?
anyway don’t forget that he will learn Arabic from all people here and from me and his father but english ???

Hello Noda,

This website may be helpful:

english-4kids.com/parents.html

There are many others. Just check them online.

Good luck.

: o)

hi happytofita
thanks a lot for sending me this site and thanks for your care.

what is meant by happytofita?

please happytofita if you know more sites send them to me?

Here are some:

reggie.net/teaching/

eslkidstuff.com/

anglaisfacile.com/kids/indexg.php

Tofita is a candy I used to like as a kid.

hello happytofita.
thanks again for the sites that you sent.and thanks also for explaining the meaning of tofita.

No problem, Noda.
: o)

can I ask what MO that you write in location refers to?
sorry for being interferring but I used to ask about anything I can’t understand it.and you have the choice to answer or not.

my child really enjoyed learning with information from this site: Обучающие материалы для развития детей в дошкольном возрасте

everything is explained in detail there) and more importantly there are pictures) try it, maybe it will help you too