Hi there, I'm a newbie šŸ‘»

Hi, Iā€™m Maria. You can either call me Maria or MaryMorganHunt. Iā€™m a former English teacher. But not so long ago, I understood thatā€™s not my cup of tea. :sweat_smile:
I still love English with all my heart. Thatā€™s why I decided to join a forum where this language is the only option available.
I live in Siberia, Novosibirsk, to be exact. So, if you have any questions, additions, or mistakes noticed, Iā€™d be glad to talk. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello Maria, welcome to our forum. We are so glad to have you on board. Please tell us more about life in Novosibirsk these days. A long time ago I spent 4 months in Akademgorodok and I would love to return to see what has changed.

1 Like

Hello, Torsten.
Wow, so how did you like Akademgorodok? This district is still in the top 3 best places in Novosibirsk. :grimacing:
Well, Novosibirsk is quite cold and snowy this winter. But it seems spring comes faster than usual.

2 Likes

I liked Akademgorodok very much for its nature, its campuses and most of all for its intelligent and bright people. How did you end up in Novosibirsk :wink: ?

As for spring coming faster than usual what do you think is the reason for this?

1 Like

Hi Maria, I am a newbie as well. I am really glad to ā€œe-meetā€ you. :blush: I am from Romania and I really like hot weather, even if here its not so hot but , how is to live in Siberia ? I loove to travel so now with all covid situation I am a little bit depressed :)) but in my future travels I hope to discover Trans-Siberian Railway Network. Its on my bucket list :slight_smile: Have you ever been there and what`s your opinion about it ?

2 Likes

I grew up in a city in a neighboring region. But there were no big universities, so I had to move to Novosibirsk and study there. Now I feel it my home finally. :smile:
As for spring, Iā€™ve never thought about that, and I wouldnā€™t either. All that I know is I need warmth and sun, and Iā€™m exhausted from the snow.

2 Likes

Hi, Izzy20! :wave:
Wow, Romania. All Iā€™ve ever been to is Finland and Sweden. Thatā€™s why I canā€™t even imagine living in a country where you donā€™t need to buy down jackets and wear UGGs. :joy:
In Siberia, itā€™s pretty different from one season to another. We have rainy golden autumn from September to early November. Then goes winter with lots of snow and frost. But Iā€™m in love with spring. At once, you look out of the window, and itā€™s green everywhere. Then there is quite a hot summer.
I didnā€™t travel by train a lot, as it takes too much time. A tour on Trans-Siberian Railway Network takes ten days. But there are some great cities, so I think youā€™d find it interesting because Russian trains are reeeeeally far from any European ones. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes