Hi Luschen; Would you please kindly evaluate my ielts general writing task 2. I would appreciate it if you tell me which band do you thin I am

Some people think that it is best to save money for example in a bank or savings schemes. Other people feel that money should be spent whenever it is available, discuss these views and reach an opinion on this debate.*

The role of money in life has never been this important. The right approach to deal with money (i.e., spending vs. saving) has always been controversial. Some people believe that saving money is a better decision than spending it. However, I disagree with this point of view. Below I explain my reasons for disagreeing with this opinion.

It has always been said that the secret to a happy life is to live in the moment. Nowadays, most of the activities and leisure that can make people have fun and pleasure are not free (e.g., concerts, restaurants, and vacations). Moreover, spending money can bring safety and security. For example, buying a house or an apartment in a safe area of a nice city or buying a car with modern safety technology can definitely improve one’s quality of life. Therefore, being open to spending money on good products and services is significantly causing people to have a better life.

Saving money does not always guarantee that we could later enjoy the money at the same level. Nobody can ensure that he or she will be alive to benefit from the saved money. Furthermore, there is usually inflation in many countries, which means that the value of money decrease over time. As a result, in order to get the most benefit from the money, spending it is always a safer option than saving it.

In conclusion, while saving money can help people to be calmer and more assured for the future, I believe that spending money is a better decision and can better contribute to individuals’ happiness and quality of life.

2 Likes

The role of money in life has never been more important than it is today. The right way to handle money (i.e., spend or save) has always been controversial. Some people believe that saving is a better decision than spending. However, I do not hold that opinion. Below I explain why I disagree with this opinion.

It has always been said that the secret to a happy life is to live in the moment. Nowadays, most activities and pastimes that can bring people fun and joy are not free (e.g. concerts, restaurants, and vacations). In addition, spending money can bring security and safety. For example, buying a house or apartment in a safe neighborhood of a nice city or a car with modern safety technology can significantly improve the quality of life. Therefore, the willingness to spend money on good products and services contributes significantly to people having a better life.

Saving money is not always a guarantee that we will be able to enjoy the money to the same extent later on. No one can be sure that he or she will be alive to benefit from the money saved. Moreover, in many countries there is inflation, which means that the value of the money decreases over time. Therefore, to get the most benefit from the money, it is always safer to spend it than to save it.

To sum up, although saving can help people to be calmer and safer in the future, I believe that spending money is the better decision and can better contribute to the happiness and quality of life of the individual.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. Would you please let me know what you think about the ielts band for this writing? Thanks

2 Likes

Please read this:

1 Like