Hi leaders, please help me check this essay. Thank you so much

In developing countries, children in rural communities have less access to education. Some people believe that the problem can be solved by providing more schools and teachers, while others think that the problem can be solved by providing computers and Internet access.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Finding a viable approach to reduce illiteracy for children coming from rural areas has been one of the top priorities in certain developing countries. Although the provision of internet-connected computers can partly address the problem, I would argue that the best measure to this issue is to construct new schools and to employ more teachers.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why expanding the internet network and supplying computers can give students an opportunity to approach education. Firstly, it is true that online courses and classes are widely available and accessible, which makes geographic adversities become irrelevant. This is because such courses allow virtually all students, regardless of their backgrounds and locations to enroll in a class of their preference. Secondly, by studying through internet platforms, learners can save a large amount of money. In fact, they can access to the huge storage of information by a few touches of a button, most of which is either free of charge, or require small fees.

On the other hand, I believe that allocating national budgets to building additional schools and hiring more teachers will be a permanent remedy to the problem. By having new schools and teachers, students would have equal chances to enter formal education and proper academic environment. Not only do students use basic amenities such as libraries, classrooms, or laboratory rooms but they are also received instructions from their accredited teachers. Moreover, the interaction among students creates healthy competitions in scholastic performance, which promote them to work harder to achieve the good results in their academic career.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the best solution for bringing education in remote areas is to construct new schools and employ more teachers instead of depending on technology.

2 Likes

Hi Nancy, you have some great ideas here and your writing is very clear and understandable.
Still, I think the format you used in your previous essay was more effective for this type of prompt.
As you did in that essay, I would provide a more objective thesis statement and then follow that up by having two objective body paragraphs, each stating the case for one side of the argument.
Then in your conclusion paragraph, I would introduce your personal opinion and restate those specific reasons that cause you to hold your opinion. As it is written, this whole essay sounds like one answering a “which side of the argument do you support” prompt. Also, make sure to always reinforce that you are addressing students from rural areas. Sometimes it sounded like you were just talking about students in general, which is not what the prompt is asking. Overall, your grammar and vocabulary were pretty good, but you did have some mistakes here and there. Here are some specifics:

2 Likes