Hi, I'm Ahmad. I'm new here

Hi everybody
I hope you all are doing well.
I’m Ahmad, 33, from Iran.

3 Likes

Hello Ahmad, welcome to our forum. Where in Iran do you live and how have you been learning English?

3 Likes

Hello Ahmad!
Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you, Torsten.
I live in Tehran.
I’m gonna take the toefl exam a few months later.

2 Likes

Hi Natalia
Thank you

2 Likes

This sounds like a good plan. What do you want to study and where once you have taken the TOEFL test?

2 Likes

I’m a postgraduate student, and am majoring in industrial management. I’m gonna continue my studies abroad. I have not taken the toefl exam before.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Why did you choose industrial management as your major?

1 Like

because I have always wanted to set up my own company and Industrial management gives me the required insight. of course, it’s my long term objective.

3 Likes

Long term is smart. Short term is easy to define but everything has risk. If you love what you do, go for it. If not, and you sit in a cube like most of us, reconsider!

2 Likes

Hi Cobb, can you please elaborate? What exactly are you talking about?

2 Likes

My bad. I failed to think details! I should of refered to his schooling and starting a company. Ahmad has his long term thought out which few people do.

I had long term goals but disabilities shifted me to a desk job that I don’t enjoy but it pays the bills. I am new here too.

3 Likes

I agree with you, starting a new business has a huge risk. that’s why it’s my long term objective.
however, I try to move towards it, and I have in mind when making new decisions. for example, I used to work for a few companies but I wasn’t contented with working for other people so I quit my job, which was a difficult decision. I couldn’t imagine spending my whole life that way. I believe it is never late for following your dreams. even if your dreams come true at the last years of life, you are a winner.

2 Likes