Hi everyone, I'm Chegevara, from Georgia (not US, Europe)

hello Torsten
I think you’re right,real stuff is better than lessons and I CNN is available in Georgia…
but often I can’t understand what they talking about, and if I could find some audio lessons, I hope it will be easier to undestand or find answers at least…

Hi Che, I know that at first it is a challenge to understand the reports and interviews on CNN. The thinking process of the ‘average’ English process is this: ‘CNN or other authentic sources are too difficult for me to understand, that’s why I want to listen to ESL materials first’. Now, there is a very small percentage of high achievers whose thinking process goes like this: ‘Whenever I listen to an authentic source, I pick up new words or phrases. If I don’t know how to spell a certain word, I can ask my trainers and friends on a forum. If I don’t understand everything, I have to listen more, not less. I want to listen to the same sources that native English speakers listen to. Most ESL materials are outdated, artificial and boring.’
You can start by watching a cartoon in English, they contain ‘easy’ dialogues.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Steel drums[YSaerTTEW443543]

ok Torsten

I’ll follow your advize :wink:

Great Che, please also check the spelling of the word advice.
Thanks
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An electrician[YSaerTTEW443543]