Hi everyone. I am learning how to write sentences related to phone and conservation. Please advise

1. The phone was busy when you called that is why you heard the ringing tone but your call was not answered.
  2. The phone was on the other line when you called that’s why your call went into voicemail.
  3. He said something about the restaurant and I asked her what’s up with the restaurant. ( Can I say what’s up with the restaurant? I wanted ask why he is saying/talking about the place? Is there something wrong or something good?)
  4. He said something about the place and I asked her what about the place? ( Can I say what about? I wanted ask why he is saying/talking about the place? Is there something wrong or something good?)
  5. I need to drive around the restaurant drive through twice.

Did I phrased the above sentences correctly ? Please advise.

1 Like

The phone was busy when you called. Therefore, you heard the dial tone, but your call was not answered.

The phone was on the other line when you called, so your call went to voicemail.

He said something about the restaurant and I asked them what was going on with the restaurant.

He said something about the place and I asked them what the place was all about.

I have to drive through the restaurant’s drive-through twice.