hi could you check my IELTS essay and rate it?

Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully.Others choose not to make any plans at all for their free time. Compare the benefits of planning free-time activities with the benefits of not making plans.Which do you prefer-planning or not planning for your leisure time? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.
It’s about people’s nature that while some of them likes planning to do activities for their free time thinking that it’s beneficial for them in some ways like not having a time loss.Some of them don’t be in such kind of behaviour as they believe that if they plan something to do this may affect their working life negatively and also no one knows what life will bring in the future. Maybe some problems that have shocking effects on us regarding health of ours or the people who are close to us occur
First of all,the people, who don’t make plans,lose most of their free time thinking about what they will do, in comparison to people planning in which kind of activity they will be.However if they plan,they have time loss while working as they think about what they are going to do in their free time.For example,when I decide to hang out with my best friend in the evening of a working day, I am in such kind of difficulties like concentrating on work or feel the sense of relief that obstruct me working eagerly
Secondly,life is full of bad suprises.Sometimes it doesn’t go on the way like we plan.For example we make plans months ago to go out in our spare time,but sometimes we may face with serious problems such as illnesses even deaths of people who are close to us Then not only our plans are waste of time also,our leisure time turn to a nightmare
Lastly, planning for your leisure time cause your missing better opportunities sometimes.For example you plan to go to cinema,which is an ordinary activity for me.However on that day,An airline decide to arrange flights to one of the beautiful cities in your country at a discount price.Since you hae already made your plan and promise to your friend to go to cinema,you have no chance to change your mind and miss going on a trip.
To sum up,it seems to me that the disadvantages for leisure time outweighs the advantages.I prefer not planning for these special moments.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor in the College of Fine Arts

Hi Justcem, your writing was not too bad in this one. You have some vivid and personal examples which were very interesting and informative. Most of your writing sounds pretty natural, only a few odd sounding phrases. My main problem is your organization. I couldn’t tell what you main points were, as your topic sentences did not really reflect the content of your body paragraphs. For this type of “decribe both sides and say what you would choose” essay, it is best to organize it like this:

1. Introduction

2. Benefits of planning leisure time - with a more general topic sentence like “Many people prefer to carefully plan their leisure time in advance, as this method holds several benefits”

3. Benefits of doing things more spur-of-the-moment

4. My personal choice

5. Conclusion

Usually, you can combine 4 and 5 into one my choice/conclusion paragraph.

With a better structure I think this would score higher. As written, I would rate it a band 5

Please check my essay. May be I need to move it to the other topic?

Hello! My name is Alina. I am a student of the 5th year. I have 2 my best friends: Dmitriy and Alex.
They are nice to me and I like to spend time with both of them but my parents have another opinion.
Educationally, the two friends are quite similar.
Dima has completed 5 years of the University, just as Alex has, and their grade point averages are approximately equal. Dima is an engineer of automobile transport while Alex is a manager if external activities. May be from this time began all the differences between these guys?
There is the main difference between the characters of guys that influenced my parent’s opinion about them.
Dima does not have enough ambitions to earn money. He is not eager and determined. So he went to the army and continued his calm way of life by working as a security guide in the supermarket. According to the books of Don Miquel Ruls and Gage Randy on a subconscious level—he doesn’t believe he is worthy. Perhaps his father worked ten hours a day in a tough manual labor job, and now he feel guilty for earning more money than he did. I was trying to change his mind during 4 years, but now I understand this is just in his hands.
Now Dima has simple low paid job without the possibility to climb the career ladder, whereas Alex has established his own shop. Alex did this with the help of his parents and followed their example. He is eager, purposeful and determined. He knows what he wants and he usually gets it.
It is hard to compare the powers of mind. In my parents opinion they are quite similar. They are smart, bright and quick-minded.
Dima is mature while Alex is well-read and knowledgeable but no so mature.
These guys have differences in their attitude to the sport activities. My parents think this is a big advantage for Alex with which he can move mountains. He knows what the figure he wants in the future and works on it systematically every day. The same actions he does in the education of his dog. For example, Alex gets up early every day and go to work. Then he goes into the gym and trains his dog. These actions he does every day not depending from the weather conditions or the bad mood.
While Dima does not have a free time to go to the gym or to do some exercises at home. He does a lot of physical work in the garden with his father, so he does not want to do some sport. He lives from work to home and other way.
My parents are kind and they like all my friends. But comparing Alex and Dima, they like Alex more and I can understand their opinion. I still try to do everything to change Dima’s way of life.

Please check my essay. May be I need to move it to the other topic?

Hello! My name is Alina. I am a student of the 5th year. I have 2 my best friends: Dmitriy and Alex.
They are nice to me and I like to spend time with both of them but my parents have another opinion.
Educationally, the two friends are quite similar.
Dima has completed 5 years of the University, just as Alex has, and their grade point averages are approximately equal. Dima is an engineer of automobile transport while Alex is a manager if external activities. May be from this time began all the differences between these guys?
There is the main difference between the characters of guys that influenced my parent’s opinion about them.
Dima does not have enough ambitions to earn money. He is not eager and determined. So he went to the army and continued his calm way of life by working as a security guide in the supermarket. According to the books of Don Miquel Ruls and Gage Randy on a subconscious level—he doesn’t believe he is worthy. Perhaps his father worked ten hours a day in a tough manual labor job, and now he feel guilty for earning more money than he did. I was trying to change his mind during 4 years, but now I understand this is just in his hands.
Now Dima has simple low paid job without the possibility to climb the career ladder, whereas Alex has established his own shop. Alex did this with the help of his parents and followed their example. He is eager, purposeful and determined. He knows what he wants and he usually gets it.
It is hard to compare the powers of mind. In my parents opinion they are quite similar. They are smart, bright and quick-minded.
Dima is mature while Alex is well-read and knowledgeable but no so mature.
These guys have differences in their attitude to the sport activities. My parents think this is a big advantage for Alex with which he can move mountains. He knows what the figure he wants in the future and works on it systematically every day. The same actions he does in the education of his dog. For example, Alex gets up early every day and go to work. Then he goes into the gym and trains his dog. These actions he does every day not depending from the weather conditions or the bad mood.
While Dima does not have a free time to go to the gym or to do some exercises at home. He does a lot of physical work in the garden with his father, so he does not want to do some sport. He lives from work to home and other way.
My parents are kind and they like all my friends. But comparing Alex and Dima, they like Alex more and I can understand their opinion. I still try to do everything to change Dima’s way of life.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Yes, it is better if you move it to its own topic. Also, could you tell me what the question or essay topic is so I can make sure you answered it. Or if this is just something you came up with yourself, that is fine too, but the more info the better

Thank you! The purpose of my essay is to comparetwo my best friends from my parents point of view.
Please, suggest the topic where can I move it :slight_smile:

Hi, next time, just go to the TOEFL forum and press the button for “new topic” and post your essay. I think your writing is pretty good. I think you could use a little more organization to your essay though. Your ideas seemed a little scattered with no unifying theme.