"Hereunder lies the above who up below..."

Hello everybody

Please read the lines given below:Could you please explain the lines in bold to me? What is the writer trying to say?

I am sitting on a tomb, and when the time comes to piss again, I have my pick. Or I wander, hands clasped behind my back, among the slabs, the flat, the leaning and the upright, culling the inscriptions. Of these I never weary, there are always three or four of such drollery that I have to hold on to the cross, or the stele, or the angel, so as not to fall.Mine I composed long since and am still pleased with it, tolerably pleased. My other writings are no sooner dry than they revolt me, but my epitaph still meets with my approval. There is little chance unfortunately of its ever being reared above the skull that conceived it, unless the State takes up the matter.But to be uneatrhed I must first be found, and I fear those gentlemen will have as much trouble finding me dead as alive. So I hasten to record it here and now, while there is yet time:

Hereunder lies the above who up below
So hourly died that he survived till now

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom,
This is classic example how to piss off moderators
I mean iritate ha, ha…

pick - translate as choice (where to have a piss or under which tomb)

drollery - black humor? /some amusing transript or epitaph which shouldn’t be amusing but become somehow,

skull (a man) how had thought (reared above)out the text
of epitaph can’t be sure they will write after his death that text unless State ( government) would take care of this.

To be unearthed you need to be remebered ,
and he is afraid to be forgotten after his death as he was ignored being alive.So to be sure they wouldn’t miss the epitaph he writes now everything down.

Epitaph is weird and the “skull” is just sick and mental but
if you want the tranlation…

Here lies the guy (written on tomb)above who finish lying below
So hour after hour dying that somehow still alive up to now

Regards
poetry expert Jan
(burn this book)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You seem to be pretty good at interpreting things, Cap’n Poetry Jan. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy

Thanks a lot, Jan. :smiley:

Dear Amy

How would you feel if I told you I needed some more explanation/ elaboration on the given lines? :shock: Please help!

1-…that I have to hold on to the cross, or the stele, or the angel, so as not to fall

2- But to be uneatrhed I must first be found…

3-Hereunder lies the above who up below
So hourly died that he survived till now

Tom

Just off-topic :smiley: Amy,I was sure that Tom would address to you anyway!

Hi Tom

I’ve written down some fairly literal interpretations ([color=blue]blue). Not nearly as poetic as Cap’n Jan. :lol:

Amy