Help with sentence understanding!

Hi everyone,
I have been asked to find if the following sentence has got any grammar or structure mistake but I couldn’t sort it out yet:
[color=red][size=150]" When you ask me, I think any job is better than no job."[/size]
Thanks in advance
Ayman

‘When’ is probably incorrect - it’s hard to think of a context where that would be used.
It should probably be ‘as’ but again without context it is hard to say for sure.

How about adding “IF” instead of “When” beesnees? Won’t that be a better choice? :)!

Or we can say, “If you are asking me, I would say that any job is better than no job.”
I think if we change entire sentence then it might sound better.
Regards.

[quote=“Emmoo10”]
Hi everyone,
I have been asked to find if the following sentence has got any grammar or structure mistake but I couldn’t sort it out yet:
[color=red][size=150]" When you ask me, I think any job is better than no job."[/size]
Thanks in advance
Ayman[/quotHie]

Hi,

Using ‘when’ in your sentence doesn’t make sense because the next sentence: I think any job is better than no job isn’t connected to the first and isn’t dependent on it. If you wanted to make sense of the use of ‘when’, it would be necessary to say something like this: When you ask me whether I think any job is better than no job, I would have to say …

The only way you can make any sense is to say ‘if’ rather than ‘when’.

Alan

Thank you all. Now I am able to give the correct answer

Without changing more of the sentence, I don’t think it would.
Consider
'I think no job at all would be better than that one, don’t you agree?"
“I disagree with your attitude. As you ask me, I think that any job is better than no job.”

Surely ‘If you ask me’ suggests: If you want my opinion, and then it works.

Alan

I haven’t disagreed that it works. Given the order of the messages above I believe that Katty was asking me if I thought using ‘if’ instead of when’ would be a better choice than using ‘as’ instead of ‘when’. I disagree that it is a better option.
Both ‘if’ and ‘as’ work, and as there is no further context, then I don’t consider one to be a better choice than the other.

What is clear, however, is that we all agree ‘when’ doesn’t work.

Thank you Alan for your voice message.