hello, is there anyone could give me some suggestion about this paragraph?

The study of celebrities, such as adventurers, scientists and educators, helps to perfect individuals’ personalities and encourages them to overcome their own failures and depression. People become more brave and courageous by telling the adventures of Columbus, who found the land of America after several months’ voyage; become more optimistic and confident by knowing the success of Helen Keller, who were deaf and blind, but finally obtained the great success as an educator; and become more determined and persistent by learning the story of Edison, who invented the tungsten bulb light after hundreds of failures. These kinds of study enable us to get through everyday business of living, no matter what kind of business might be, by emboldening us and lifting our spirits.

I am wondering whether the grammer is right.
and I think I’ve used too much “become” in it. is there any better options??

Thank you for your help!

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Anthropology

Grammar, not grammer.

The study of celebrities (I’m not sure about your use of ‘celebrities’ here. I think that ‘famous people’ might be better, because ‘celebrity’ has become synonymous with ‘stardom’), such as adventurers, scientists and educators, helps to perfect individuals’ personalities and encourages them to overcome their own failures and depression. People become more brave and courageous by telling the adventures of Columbus, who found discovered the land of America after several months’ voyage; becomethey grow more optimistic and confident by knowing the success of Helen Keller, who were was deaf and blind, but finally obtained the great success as an educator; and they are encouraged to be more determined and persistent by learning the story of Edison, who invented the tungsten bulb light light-bulb after hundreds of failures. These kinds of study Study of the lives of people such as these, enable us to get through the everyday business of living, no matter what kind of business that might be, by emboldening us and lifting our spirits.

Thank you sooo much!!!
gremmAr!^-^
Thanks!

You’re not quite there yet, Ailiaili. Look again. :wink:

erm…so embarrassed…

grAmmAr! hmm!

Thank you!!