He had built the house and barn by the ..... of his brow. It had been hard and had taken years but the results were breathtaking and just how he wanted them to be

He had built the house and barn by the ..... of his brow. It had been hard and had taken years but the results were breathtaking and just how he wanted them to be. (*) bristle (*) focus (*) sweat (*) sprint

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/13386,he-had-built-the-house-and-barn-by-the-___-of-his-brow-it-had-been-hard-and-had-taken-years-but-the-results-were-breathtaking-and-just-how-he-wanted-them-to-be/
3 Likes

He had built the house and barn by the sprint of his brow. It had been hard and had taken years but the results were breathtaking and just how he wanted them to be.

1 Like

The collocation ‘by the sprint of this brow’ does not exist so I’m afraid your answer is wrong.

2 Likes

Using the google translator for “brow”, the right answer will be " sweat".

1 Like

By the sweat if his brow is an idiomatic phrase. Do you know what it means?

2 Likes

I think it means he did his best (effort) to build the house and barn. If my answer is not right, perhaps the right answer is focus.

1 Like