Have you ever done something without thinking?

It is really heartwarming to see and feel that so many people are sympathizing with each other. Yet, I must be honest, I’m doing my best to do so too, but sometimes I get a bit melancholic, but as I said, heartwarming and that keeps me going. Thank you all for being, yes, a kind of family to me!
Not everyone likes Abba, but nonetheless, ‘I have a dream’ is a wonderful song and everyone has dreams about their family, their careers, a better world and therfore I have included the warm voice of Frida Lyngstadt, who sang the solo part in that song.

3 Likes

@Masme Marc, I love ABBA! It reminds me so much of the time I spent at my grandparents house playing endless ABBA songs. My grandfather loved the music too. :+1:

2 Likes

I have lots of Abba stuff here, even parts of songs they never released. Have you ever heard of ‘Just Like That’. It’s beautiful, but the song was never completed, because as you probably know, all four members had to agree on whether to continue or release a song. You can find it on the four disc set ‘Thank You for the Music’, and the title is ‘Abba Undeleted’. I must say we have some things in common, because my grandmother liked Abba too, her favourite songs were ‘I have a dream’ and ‘Chiquitita’. My most favourites are ‘Dancing Queen’, ‘The Winner Takes It All’ and ‘As Good As New’. :+1: I’ve included the Swedish version of ‘Fernando’.

4 Likes

@Andrea Hi, Andrea,

Just to give you a little present for all the support you’ve given me. The Spanish version of ‘I have a dream’, ‘Estoy Soñado’, 'Dancing Queen at the Swedish Opera performing for Queen Sylvia of Sweden and 'Andante, Andante, Spanish version.

3 Likes

Thank you @Masme :wink:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome. You can still buy or download the Spanish versions of Abba and there are quite a lot. However I must say ‘La Reina Danzante’ or ‘Dancing Queen’ isn’t mixed very well, but all the others are. :smile:

2 Likes

@Andrea Did you know that Frida had a solo career before she joined Abba. Here’s a song in Swedish. I don’t understand a word of it, but it’s very funny. The title is ‘Simsalabim’.

4 Likes

@Andrea Here’s video from Agnetha’s latest album, I believe it was released in 2013 or 2014. Enjoy ‘When You Really Loved Someone.’

3 Likes

Interesting that you wouldn’t understand any word of Swedish! :flushed:
Dutch is a Scandinavian language right?
Well, to me they’ve all sounded very much alike!
So, I thought that Scandinavian people would be able to, partly at least, understand each other.

4 Likes

Hi Vivianna, @Vivianna

Scandinavia usually covers Denmark, Sweden and Norway. In English it is also called the Scandinavian Peninsula. Danish (densk), Swedish (svenska) and Norwegian (norsk) are Germanic languages. I understand a word here and there, but not a lot. Mind you, Finnish is not a Germanic language, however along with Swedish it is an official language of Finland.

4 Likes

Hi @Vivianna, @Torsten @Alan, @Andrea

Here are some sentences in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish and they all bear a few slight resemblances to some Dutch, German and English words.

• Céline Dion is a very famous singer:

- Norwegian: Céline Dion er en veldig kjent sanger.
- Swedish: Céline Dion är en mycket berömd sångare.
- Danish: Céline Dion er en meget berømt sanger

• Vivianna is a very nice lady.

- Norwegian: Vivianna er en veldig hyggelig kvinne.
- Swedish: Vivianna är en mycket trevlig kvinna.
- Danish: Vivianna er en meget flot kvinde.

4 Likes

Thanks for the compliment, once again… :smile:

But …. you forgot the Dutch!

3 Likes

Well, Vivianna, here they are at your request:

- Céline Dion is een zeer beroemde zangeres.
- Vivianna is een zeer aardige vrouw.

4 Likes

I was in my office with the door closed. Got up from my desk to walk out and knocked on the door before opening it and walking into the hallway.
onplanners

4 Likes

Nice story, topzann, what were you thinking about? :grinning:

2 Likes

A few months ago, the postman delivered a package that I had ordered. However, he didn’t hand it over immediately, because I had to sign for it. I said: ‘Oh, then please wait a minute, I’ll go get my reading glasses, I’ll be back in a jiffy.’
With a smile on his face, the postman replied: ‘Sir, you don’t have get your reading glasses, because you’re wearing them.’ :grinning:

3 Likes

@Masme Aaaaah bless!!! Marc, it must have been a busy day!!

3 Likes

Yes, it was. I had to sign a bunch of documents for my grandmother’s residing at the home. I read such things from top to bottom, espcially the small print. I got extremely tired. Oh, those Belgian bureaucrats. We are known all over the world for them and I’m very happy we don’t specialize in them. I am very proud though that we specialize in fries, chocolates, and lace, just to name a few. People all over the world are very eager to buy these delicacies, except for the fries, ofcourse. Mind you, fries are Belgian not French. We invented them. And in Bruges, which is known from here to Japan, you can buy the most beautiful lace handkerchiefs, tablecloths with laced edges and even lace curtains. Did you know that? :grinning:

kant

This photo shows a woman who is making lace, in Dutch: ‘kantklossen.’

3 Likes

Well, Torsten, you seem to have another admirer. My, aren’t you the lucky one! :blush:

3 Likes

You’re so funny. :grinning:

2 Likes