have or had please help me

Please help me to correct the sentence.

1. I will go shopping with you if I had a lot of time tomorrow.

‘had’ is the wrong tense. You are speaking about a future event. Can you work out what you should put instead of ‘had’?

Alternatively, with a change in meaning, you could change ‘will’ instead, but this would give you a more complex structure.

I intend to change :had: into “have” However, the root sentence is:“I will go shopping with you if I had a lot of time tomorrow.” and I have to find out the mistake and corret.

Some more sentences, please help me to correct.

1. It is nearly ten years since/ when/ I saw her.

2. She doesn’t like Spanish though/ when she has to study this language.

3. Why don’t you go in/ go on/ go by/ go at with you university study?

I will go shopping with you if I have a lot of time tomorrow.

I would go shopping … (an alternate possibility, as Bev has said, but with a change in meaning)

Note that it is the usual practice to go with the given sentence as far as you can, and then effect a correction unless otherwise necessitated by the context.

1. It is (has been) nearly ten years since I saw her.

2. She doesn’t like Spanish though she has to study this language.

3. Why don’t you go in/ go on/ go by/ go at with you university study? (Sorry, this sentence doesn’t make any sense to me)

I will go shopping with you if I have a lot of time tomorrow.
I’m not sure I will have time, but if I do, I will go shopping with you.
I would go shopping with you if I had a lot of time tomorrow.
I won’t have time.

Why don’t you go on with your university study? (Possible I suppose, if you mean “piece of research”.)
Why don’t you go on with your university studies? (If you mean “learning”.)

Possible.

Not just possible. Definite.

One more thing, please help me.

1. ________is a person who watches television.
    A. Seer B. Viewer C. Looker D. Watcher

please help me to clearify the diffeences between " A. Seer B. Viewer C. Looker D. Watcher" Many thanks.

‘A/The viewer’. (I think a viewer need not necessarily be the one watching TV)

Cristina, would you please let me know what ‘they is always getting squiffsquiddled around’ means?

In non-BFG language that would be
“They are always becoming confused.”

Please don’t try to analyse the grammar or vocabulary used here. It is taken from a work of fiction, I don’t understand why you have taken a quote from one thread in one Forum section and moved it to a different section, then added it to a completely unrelated topic. Was it done in error?

See, it, generally noticeably, accompanies the user readily ever.
Think of the charade hidden here!

Hello :slight_smile:

Anglophile, that part of the quote which appears under all my posts as my “signature” means that “they (the words) are always becoming confused”, as Bev explained. In other words, “the words always come out muddled”.

We’ve been having a bit of fun with terms and quotes from The BFG by Roald Dahl in another thread very recently, so, no doubt that is why Bev thought you took the phrase you quoted from there.
Here is a link to the thread I’m referring to, should you like to have a quick look at it when you have time: More better.
(Bev mentioned she really liked the term “squiffsquiddled” as I had just changed my so-called signature, and so the topic drifted off as they often do, especially in that section of the forum.)

Cristina, I never saw that funny discussion about your signature before. I do not know how Bev is going to take my ‘See, it, generally noticeably, accompanies the user readily ever’ which can suggest the source’. It was easy for you to guess and find it right. Good; thank you.

In fact, I casually had a look at it today. So, immediately I copied it from this very page and showed it as a quote because two things attracted me. One is ‘They is’ and the other is ‘squiffsquiddled’ whose meaning I was able only to guess from the context as ‘confusing/confounding’ or ‘muddling’ as I now understand it from you and her though it was a new word for me. And, I take ‘they is’ as akin to ‘more better’.

Thanks, again, for your pleasant and peaceful clarification.

I do not know how Bev is going to take my ‘See, it, generally noticeably, accompanies the user readily ever’

I take it as an understandable, piece of cryptology, despite the weird choice of phrasing. However I apologise for my confusion.

Thank you.

Yes, it was a deliberate attempt to expand each letter, for fun.

No need to apologise. Please take it easy.