Harms alcohol and vodka

[color=red]Harms alcohol
Alcohol is cause of 1 in 14 of all ill-health and premature death facing and it is responsible for widespread social, mental and emotional harms, including crime and family.
Alcohol not only harms the user, but those surrounding the user, including the unborn child, children, family members, and the surrounding of crime, violence and drink driving accidents.
Alcohol increases the risk of a wide range of social harms in a dose dependent manner, with no evidence for a threshold effect. The more likely alcohol is to be involved. Harm to others is a powerful to reason to intervene for hazardous and harmful alcohol consumption.
Apart from being a drug of dependence, alcohol is a cause of 60 or so different types of disease and injury, including injuries, mental and behavioral disorders, gastrointestinal conditions, cancers, cardiovascular disorders, immunological disorders, skeletal diseases. If you are drinking larger amounts of alcohol on one occasion the risk of cardiac arrhythmias and sudden death.
You’ll found from (world health organization 2002) that
The European Union is the region of world with the highest proportion of drinkers and with the highest levels of alcohol consumption per population.
I think that enough to you know harms alcohol. :wink:
Please let me know what you think,
Regards
[color=darkblue]Mba

Hi, Dark magician!

Today I am not able to drink any intoxicating beverage :slight_smile: nor to write something wise :slight_smile:

All I can is just a little [size=92]post-exam[/size] joke about drinks and energisers :slight_smile:

My classmate, a Spanish girl, came to today’s exams with her own bottle of pure water, but was not allowed to use it (because only official water from official vessel should be used to drink during the exam time). Just in case. :slight_smile:

This (together with Michael’s horse :slight_smile: ) reminded me a joke
(Sorry for off-topic and for my poor translation :slight_smile: ):

Hippodrome. 15 minutes before rounds. Suddenly an inspector sees that a coach gives something to a horse. “What’s THAT???”
“Just a caramel. I eat it in plenty and she likes it, as well. Would you like one or two?”

5 minutes before rounds. The coach says to a jockey: "Nick, keep in the middle all the time and spurt only at homestretch. If somebody starts to let you behind, don’t worry – it would be only the inspector or me.
:slight_smile:

P.S. Mba, don’t be so strict… There are so many areas of so short life in which having a sense of proportion is much better than rejecting something entirely. Life is not eating honey only, and it really happens, that a little spurt of drink could help you better than any other remedies.

Hi Mba

I didn’t know that about the EU. On the other hand, people in Germany often say that beer is not simply something to drink, but rather practically a food group itself. :lol:

I’ve heard that alcohol in moderation — say, no more than one drink a day — can actually benefit your health. But it’s true: too much can lead to “opportunities” (a.k.a.: problems ;)).

I’m not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy the occasional glass of beer or wine. What I drink much more of is coffee, which unfortunately has it’s own set of problems if you drink too much. Other than that, I drink extemely large quantities of just plain water. But I try to avoid “Jhoota”, which is something Tom mentioned in one of his posts, and for which we don’t seem to have an equivalent English word. :lol:

What about you, Mba? Is it safe to assume that you don’t drink any alcohol?

Amy

Hi all!

Mba, what?s your?s name meaning?

I think you?re right with your refering to the danger of too much drinking alcohol. What made mentioning vodka particular? And do you have a water-pipe sometimes?

Tamara, funny joke. :lol: :lol: Do you know this?

Once a Europian went through Damaskus by his lame camel. As he wanted the camel to be more quick he asked one of the habitants of Damaskus how to speed up his camel. The habitant advised him to Mahmud who has a car repair shop but also were fimilar with speeding up camels. He also mentioned that Mahmud were not the big speaker and that the Europian must explain Mahmud?s clerk the problem. Arrived at Mahmud?s repair shop the Europian explained the problem to the clerk. Mahmud cried out of the repair shop:“Lead your camel slowly backwards into the garage.” The Europian leaded his camel into the garage like Mahmud advised him, heard a short clap and was impressed how fast his camel left the garage and ran away.
“How did he do that?” the Europian asked the clerk.
“That was easy” the clerk explained, “he only clapped the camel?s genitals with two even stones!”
“Hmmm…! Okay, but how can I get back my camel now?” the Europian asked.
"Lead him slowly backwards into the garage… :wink:

Hopefully that you?re never needed to speed up your camel :lol: :lol:

Michael

lol Fan !!!
You must hear my claps for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe you are drinking some booze before you are writing that. :?:
Anyway about Mba … that not your business, ok man :evil:
I’ll remember you, this is third mistake you are doing with me and I hope it the last.

Hi Amy and Tamara :o
First I think you right about some interests alcohol, but everybody in this world know hug damage for alcohol.
And this my viewpoint and the most Arabian people too
Ok you are free you can drink anything I just gave you advise :wink:
And I get on that information from Europe website and world health organization
And you are writing that information (European Union), not we
Here some Europe website which write about harms alcohol in Europe:
www.phepa.net/units/phepa/pdf/cg_1.pdf
www.ieiglobal.org/ESDv8n1/11europeanunion.pdf
www.beyondmarketing.dk/03s.%20-%20Soegn … _1_til_AA/ Soegning_Partiel_a_300.000_soegeord.htm - 801k
of course you can found a lot from website ,it is very Easy
opess thx Amy about your privet message :smiley:
I wish to you and to Tamara Nice (Night… Day)
With me love :wink:

Hi Mba …

Thanks a lot for this important informations and statistics …and I want to ask this question
Are there any [color=black]advantages of alcohol ??? :shock: :shock:
and how many [color=red]disadvantages of alcohol ? :shock:
please … I want a small compare … :shock:

Hey Mba … I think that you need to laugh ?..
read this Joke … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

An English prisoner of war was held by the Germans. The Englishman was shot all over the place, and okay until one day when the German told him, “Englander, your arm is infected with gangrene we must cut it off.”

The English prisoner said, “Well, okay, but could you drop it over England when you go bombing.”

The German replied, “Ya, that vill not be a problem.”

A few weeks later the German tells the Englishman that they have to cut his other arm off. The Englishman says, “Well, could drop it over England like you did last time.”

“Ya, that will be done,” says the German.

The next day the German tells him that they have to cut his leg off. Once again the Brit says, “Well, could you do the same as before.”

The German replies, " ya."

The next the German tells him they have to cut his other leg. “Well,” begins the Brit, “could you just…”

The German snapped, “No! We think you are trying to escape!.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With my respect

Herc

…A camel looks at a horse thoughtfully “What an underdeveloped camel it is…”

A horse looks at a camel and thinks “Oh… What an abnormal and ugly horse!!!”