Happy end vs happy ending (хэппи энд)

In German we say ‘happy end’ and most Germans think that native speakers of English say happy end too while the correct phrase is happy ending. Interestingly enough the Russians say хэппи энд (happy end) instead of happy ending too.

4 Likes

Sir Torsten, You are wonderful. How can you speak German, English, and Russian at the same time. You are very intelligent. You are wonderful. I watched your English, German, and Russian videos and shared them on my page on the Facebook. My grandchild Raoul studies Russian. He was very happy when he watched your Russian video.

3 Likes

Sir Torsten, You are very precise. Thank you for your correction. I forgot deleting the extra space. Thank you for your advice. Grammarly is a real aid. I’m very grateful to you, sir and to all (english best forum) team and friends. My English had improved since I visited this excellent forum. Now, I can remember and learn new words, verbs, grammar…etc. You give me a valuable chance to improve my English language

3 Likes

Wonderful sir. You have passion of languages.

1 Like

We learnt one correct phrase from you Sir. Thanks for sharing Idioms & phrases which I downloaded from you, sir, it is really very good. Enjoyed it.

Thank you

S.Shanthi.

2 Likes