Happy and healthy or happily and healthily

We grew up happily and healthily under Mama’s tender care.

or

We grew up happy and healthy under Mama’s tender care.

To me, the second sounds more natural - I especially don’t like the sound of “healthily”, but is the first sentence more grammatically correct?

english-test.net/forum/ftopic73507.html --does it ring a bell?

Thanks for the link. I can understand “He died happy.”, as dying is at a particular point in time, but “We grew up happy.” might not be comparable, unless the sentence is understood to mean “We grew up happy and healthy.”

From good ol’ Net:
1.Growing Old Healthily
2.Healthily Growing in Bangladesh: The biggest daily struggle for 28 year old mother of two Sima Begum, is feeding her young children and keeping them healthy.
3.How To Make Your Hair Grow Healthily - Benefits Of Coconut Oil …
4. What plants need to grow healthily - Plants need soil,air,water and sunlight to grow into healthy plants. Keep the amounts in balance and see how long you can keep the plant growing healthily…
5.Growing old gracefully - and healthily. Source: Arthritis Today. Hands up if you want to stay healthy:
6…
It also is idiomatic-- a modification taken from one or a number of fairy tales; similar to, “and they all lived happily everafter.” forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1637072

1.Growing Happily are celebrating our 1st birthday in March 2013. Thank you to everybody who has been part of making Growing Happily a success & we look forward to sharing even more exciting, happy and life changing experiences with you all.
2.Chives, mint and parsley - growing quite happily on a north facing windowsill…
3.How To Grow Old Happily - Moneylife
4.Growing Up Happily ! by Dr. Jyotsna Padalkar

As I interpreted it, you can grow someone happy and healthy if you grew up happily and healthily.