Great oaks from little acorns grow, and Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.

Great oaks from little acorns grow, and Mighty oaks from little acorns grow tells us that immense things can come from small sources.

Could it be connected to honorable and also the evil/sinful point of view?

The saying normally refers to worthwhile and beneficial activities. However, it does not have an obvious moral tone.

I suppose it could be connected in some way to honourable deeds, but it is usually a positive expression so would be unlikely to be used in a negative way.

I’ll take that ‘it does not have an obvious moral tone’ and ‘would be unlikely (but possible, right?)’ as it sometimes can be used to indicate the growing sense of negativity in one’s character, such as this one (stated in freedictionary):
“Don’t tell lies, not even small ones. Great oaks from little acorns grow”
Thanks to both of you.

By the way, I find that to interpret the following proverb is much more demanding
The exception proves the rule..
I don’t think I understand it a wee bit, :frowning:

You aren’t the only one. This idiom has been the cause of much confusion for many years.

It is the exception that confirms the rule in the other cases (not being excepted). The original sense was of something/someone being given permission not to follow a rule which usually applied.

So,
a street sign ‘Free parking on Sundays’ indicates that Sunday is the exception which proves the rule… the other days you have to pay to park.
similarly ‘no parking except weekends’ indicates that the weekend is the exception which proves the rule… you are not allowed to park there on the other days.
the spelling ‘rule’ “Words ending in an “o” preceded by a consonant add “es” to form the plural.” is proven by exceptions… words that don’t follow the -es suffix rule… like ‘pianos’.

Wikipedia has a whole article about it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_except … s_the_rule

Point taken! And glad to have two experts with me on this particular topic.
Thanks!