Grammar question

Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muhammad is almost universally considered by Muslims as the last prophet sent by God to mankind.

Is the sentence above grammatically correct?

Thanks.

Looking closer at the use of ‘consider as’: "Opinions are mixed, but Strunk & White, along with Fowler, consider the ‘as’ incorrect when ‘consider’ means ‘believe to be’, ‘regard as’. Webster says that the form with ‘as’ is declining-- probably because many teachers frown on it too, while it is not the sort of phrase that would be very common in the vernacular.”
english-test.net/forum/ftopic43617.html
OR:
urch.com/forums/gmat-sentenc … sider.html,
I would go for:
“Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muhammad is almost universally considered by Muslims the last prophet sent by God to mankind”
OR: “Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muhammad is almost universally venerated by Muslims as the last prophet sent by God to mankind”.

As Eugene point out, ‘considered as’ doesn’t work well. This is the version I would use:
Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muhammad is almost universally considered by Muslims to be the last prophet sent by God to mankind.

Hi Bev,
Looks like you’re insisting on the ‘to be’ there. I’ve left it out to avoid the double repetition in one sentence of ‘by Muslims’, then ‘to be’. Couldn’t you do without the second ‘to be’?..

Even without the repetitive ‘to be’ the sentence may be written like:

1. Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muhammad is almost universally considered (by Muslims) the last prophet sent by God to mankind.

2. Believed by Muslims to be a prophet and messenger of God, they (Muslims), almost universally, consider Muhammad the last prophet sent by God to mankind.

3. Having believed Muhammad to be a prophet and messenger of God, Muslims almost universally consider him the last prophet sent by God to mankind.