governments should spend money exploring outer space, or on basic needs

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my work.

Although staying up to date is beneficial to all of us, I believe that governments should spend money on more basic needs instead of spending money on outer space. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, there are many people in my country who are living below the poverty line. Many children do not have enough food to eat. Due to severe malnutrition, they are on the brink of death. They have no shelter to sleep. Many of them live in dingy and stinking rooms where they eat, sleep, and even defecate. Many parents do not have enough money to send their children to school. Many of them are unable to take care of their children. They have no other option except to send their children to an orphanage. Who is responsible for taking care of these children? If parents are responsible for their children, they need to have jobs with quite a decent salary.

Secondly, another problem in my country is the quality of roads. Bridges have cracks in them. Highways buckle. There are also many flood-prone areas in my country. Accidents and death can happen due to these problems. In addition, pot-holed roads create a lot of problem for the people in my country. For instance, they /send shockwaves across our bodies/ cause a whole-body vibration / while traveling by cars or buses.

Last but not least, we are living in a world of technology. However, the Internet speed is very low in my country, and many people do not have access to the Internet in their homes. There are also many schools and universities that have low academic standards, and are poorly equipped.

To put all in a nutshell, in my view, government should spend more money on the basic needs so as to provide a healthy and educational environment for the people living on our planet.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a departmental secretary

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my work.

Although staying up to date is beneficial to all of us, I believe that governments should spend money on more basic needs instead of spending money on outer space. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, there are many people in my country who are living below the poverty line. Many children do not have enough food to eat. Due to severe malnutrition, they are on the brink of death. They have no shelter /in which/wherein/ to sleep. Lots of them live in dingy and stinking rooms, where they eat, sleep, and even defecate. Many parents do not have enough money to send their children to school. Most of them are unable to take care of their children. They have no other option except to send their children to an orphanage. Who is responsible for taking care of these children? If parents are responsible for their children, they need to have jobs with quite a decent salary.

Secondly, another problem in my country is the quality of roads. Bridges have cracks in them. Highways buckle. There are also many flood-prone areas. Accidents and deaths can be caused due to these problems. In addition, pot-holed roads create a lot of problems for the people. For instance, they send shock-waves across our bodies whilst travelling in cars or buses.

Last but not least, we are living in a world of technology. However, the Internet speed is very slow in my country, and many people do not have access to the Internet in their homes. There are also many schools and universities that have low academic standards, and are poorly equipped.

To put all in a nutshell, in my opinion, the government should spend more money on our basic needs, so as to provide a healthy and educational environment for the people living on our planet.

Very well written Leenda, but old Kitos has managed to improve it, but only a little.

Kitos. 9/10

Thank you very much Kitosdad. I am jumping for joy up and down now. The queen received 9 as I received. It means that I have progressed very much. What a reasonable inference!!!

I never used to believe in superstition, but the seeds of Aspand should be burned on charcoal in order to defend myself against the EVIL EYE. ;)))

:slight_smile: Now now children, behave!