Goose bumps

“I was so touched by the movie that I started getting goose bumps all over my arms.”

Is it like a sensation that you feel, when you are amazed by something? Can you correct me please? Again is it rather US/GB phrase or maybe general English?

“goose bumps” is the sensation that occurs when the fine, short hairs covering e.g. the arms stand on end, because of excitement, fear or cold. This causes litte bumps in the skin which, in the origin of the expression, are (as I understand it) likened to that of a plucked goose. The expression is well known in the UK. As far as I know, it is also used in the US.