gone through

Hi,

Are these sentences correct?

I have gone through the video lectures of “Circuit Design”, taught by Prof. Nash to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

I have gone through the course reader of EE12B,“VLSI design”, taught by Prof. Nash to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

I believe that your university would be the ideal place for me to do my Master’s and PhD, and I would love to choose a career in research and teaching after completing my studies.

I’m not cent per cent sure that what you mean is what I mean. Yet, I have made an attempt below:

I have gone through Prof. Nash’s video lectures on Circuit Design in order to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

To gain more knowledge about the high-speed links, I have gone through “VLSI Design”, the course reader of EE12B by Prof. Nash.

As far as I can tell, they’re okay. I cannot tell whether or not ‘the’ should be used before ‘high-speed links’ from these single sentences. It depends on whether you are speaking about specific high-speed links (use ‘the’) or high speed links in general.

Hi,

In this sentence

I have gone through the course reader of EE12B,“VLSI design”, taught by Prof. Nash [,] to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

I meant the course name of EE12B as VLSI design and not the course reader. So I should probably put that in brackets.

I have gone through the course reader of EE12B (VLSI design), taught by Prof. Nash to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

Should I place a comma after Prof. Nash in the above sentence?

Thanks

Yes. Otherwise it looks as if the reason Professor Nash taught the unit was so that he could gain more knowledge about the links.

Hi,

Which one is correct?

I have gone through the video lectures of (or on ?) “Circuit Design”, taught by Prof. Nash, to gain more knowledge about the high-speed links.

‘About’ or ‘on’ are possible there.