GMAT issue essay

Hello everybody!!! I’m new to the forum and I would like to have some feed back on my practice essays for the GMAT exam. Can anybody help me? Here is my first one.

Topic: “The best way to give advice to other people is to find out what they want and then advise them how to attain it.”
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion expressed above. Support your point of view with
reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Many people think that the best way to give advice to other people is to find out what they want and then advise then how to attain it. Others may not agree with this position. The issue is a controversial one; however, a closer examination reveals that knowing what other people want before advise them on how to get it is the right viewpoint of the matter for the following reasons.

To begin with, when the person giving the advice lets the people receiving it express what they want, they will feel like they are still in control of their lives. It is not like somebody else is telling them what to do or taking decisions for them. Furthermore, the people receiving the advice would be more open to new ideas.

Another reason is that knowing what other people want would make it easier to the person giving advice to channel the right information. For example, just imagine the disastrous outcome of a school advisor telling students who want to be athletes to engage in artistic activities like knitting or sewing in their spare time. As a result, the students would get frustrated and maybe would quit to pursue the careers of their dreams.

Overall, while there are arguments to be made for both sides, it is clear that are greater advantages to find out what people want before advising them. Certainly, that would help the people receiving advice to make sure that they are still in control and also the person giving advice to focusing in delivering the right information.

I think it’s better to guide people to discovering what they want.
For many, they are not really sure what they want is actually what they want, they thought it seems to be what they want.
How to attain there’s no one fixed formula, they need to identify their own formula and style and what suit themselves.