Gmail on the rise

These days I’m getting more and more emails from people who use Gmail. It looks as Gmail is becoming the market leader. As a matter of fact, its market share might already bigger than that of Yahoo Mail and Hotmail. I’m that it’s a matter of time until almost everyone on the planet is to going rely on Gmail as their email service provider. Right now I can’t think of any other system that provides as much functionality, ease of use and security like Gmail.

I’m sure there some of you won’t agree with me and I’m looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Regards,
Torsten
Gmail Fan[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Getting directions to the library.[YSaerTTEW443543]

I don’t know what it’s like to use Gmail, but I already know people who migrate from one Gmail account to another because the spam filters aren’t adequate.

I receive about 300 spam emails every day and Gmail filters all of them. About once per week I have to mark one spam message manually which is quite OK for me.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer books a flight to Tokyo.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Yup, I agree with Torsten. Undoubtedly, gmail facilitated itself with terrific spam filter. Until today, I only get less that 10 junk mail form gmail. While, in yahoomail, I need to mark up to 5 junk mail everyday. It is a bit annoying because the spam mail usually relate to racy features.

I love Gmail for its ability to search for archived mail. After all, Google is famous for its search engine!

And I like the Gmail online document features a lot.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A visitors asks for directions to an office[YSaerTTEW443543]

I’m using gmail too… it’s very simple interface and reliable mail box … I also like function gmail drive :slight_smile:

I reckon that about 60% of all people who send me email use Gmail theses days. Two years ago this number was probably lower than 10% so I wonder where Gmail will be in about 5 years from now…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Where is your office located?[YSaerTTEW443543]

In charge of everyone’s private information, presumably.

MrP

Hi MrP, why would Google be interested in everyone’s private information? Are you saying that everyone’s private life is so interesting that Google wants to know it all?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: You work for Peabody and Sons, don’t you?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

You must have heard at least some of the talk about Google and privacy issues:
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 00840.html
news.cnet.com/Google-balances-pr … 87483.html

Hi, Amy

I am particulary troubled by this statement:

Does the word match mean join ?

If yes, I think I’d just as soon not use Gmail again …

Your private life fascinates Google – it’s the source of its income.

MrP