game is fun only when you win?

Topic:“Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a
game is fun only when you win. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your answer.”

I don’t believe playing game is fun only when we win. It is obvious that everyone likes to win. It has become a proverb that lose is bitter, or lose is orphan. I don’t know anyone who plays to be a loser. On the other hand, every game has only one winner and one loser. Then why people like to play, despite they know, it is possible that they lose. The chance of lose or win is fifty percent. By the way, people accept these risks and even gamble. I think this question has several reasons.

First we play, not only for win or lose. We play games to enjoy and forget our problems. For example when I play backgammon, it does not important for me, who wins. Instead I try to enjoy, and I am happy, because I am spending my time with my family or my friends. If someone wants to remove games from our lives, I don’t know what will happen, and what people replace it? do you know better entertainment?

Second, games are symbol of our lives. For example every day and every time we are in a real game that we name it life. I think games simulate our lives and we can learn a lot of things even we lose in games. It worth that, first we lose in virtual life instead of real life. If you have heard this famous quote of Napoleon Bonaparte that said, “I lost many times until I learned how to defeat”, you will understand why lose always is not bad.

Eventually, in my opinion win is very tasty, but it is not disaster if we learn how to win. Therefore, it is essential winners teach us by defeat us. Maybe, that is why politicians like to play Chess. Maybe they want to taste lose in game and taste win in their life.

Thanks, Reza

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an american literature class

Topic:“Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a
game is fun only when you win. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your answer.”

I do NOT believe playing gameS is fun only when we win. It is obvious that everyone likes to win. It has become a proverb that TO lose is bitter, or lose is orphan. I do NOT know anyone who plays to be a loser. On the other hand, every game has only one winner and one loser. Then why DO people like to play, despite /they know/THEIR KNOWING THAT/, it is possible that they lose? The chance of losING or winNING is fifty percent. By the way, people accept these risks and even gamble. I think this question has several reasons.

First we play, not only TO win or lose. We play games to enjoy and forget our problems. For example when I play backgammon, it IS not important TO me, who wins. Instead I try to enjoy PLAYING and I am happy, because I am spending my time with my family or my friends. If someone wants to remove games from our lives, I do NOT know what will happen, and what WILL people USE TO replace it? Do you know better entertainment?

Second, games are A symbol of our lives. For example every day and every time we are in a real game that we name it CALL life. I think games simulate our lives and we can learn a lot of things even WHEN we lose in games. It IS BETTER that first we lose in virtual life instead of real life. If you have heard this famous quote of Napoleon Bonaparte that said, “I lost many times until I learned how to ACCEPT defeat”, you will understand why losING ONE’S GAME is not always bad.

Eventually, i In my opinion TO win is very tasty, but it is not A disaster if we learn how to LOSE. Therefore, it is essential winners teach us by defeatING us. Maybe, that is why politicians like to play chess. Maybe they want to taste losING in THE game and taste winNING in their life.

Keep it up Reza. Clarity is beginning to appear.

Kitos. 7/10