Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Mic please. I couldn’t record this letter for 4 hours. It is 1:25 and I began to write the letter at 10.

Mic please

Microphone please

Hello Webmaster

Will you please to delete the last four posts.
(#1641/1642/1643/1644)permalinks.

And this post also. They are superfluous.

Many thanks:
Kati Svaby

Hi Megan,

I want to join
Friday November 1st, 2013 at 3pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Ask Your Own Questions

Thanks,
Frankie

The end of #1640 permalink.

Continuation.

Some went into medicine, and Sir George Rada went on to head the British Medical Research Council.

Joe Bugner, who arrived as a boy, became the British heavyweight champion and fought Muhammad Ali for the world title. The poet George Szirtes won last year’s TS Eliot prize. Louis Permayer, a pastry chef, started Louis’ Patisserie, still a Hampstead landmark. His first impression of Britain was of “a grey and foggy place. No one could cook properly so I thought I would try my luck.”

Nick Dallman, who left Hungary a few years earlier, acted as an interpreter at one of the refugee camps set up in Wythenshawe in 1956. “Tens of thousands of Hungarians came out but we never really kept together like the Poles, who had their own churches and masses,” he said. “You know the old joke about Hungarians - that if you get two of them together, they will form three parties. They were so brainwashed none of them wanted to stay in Britain - they all wanted to go to America.” He worked first as a farm worker, then in a cotton mill and on a textile magazine, which led to the Sheffield Morning Telegraph and eventually the foreign desk at the Guardian.

Britain was very welcoming, he said. “There were fewer foreigners then and everybody was awfully nice.” There were some misconceptions. “The landlady in my lodging house in Blackburn, Mrs Gibbs, called me to come to the door one day because there was a Romanian there and she couldn’t understand him. I tried French, German and Hungarian - but he couldn’t understand any of them. Mrs Gibbs was very puzzled and asked: ‘How can you not understand him - he’s a continental?’ I think she thought we all spoke the same language.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The today celebration was controversial because the opposition celebrated separately and the government also.

Tomorrow I am sure that a lot of great foreign papers will write about it.
Our Prime Minister is a dictator and he ruined our country and half of the population lives in a very deep poverty. He always quarrels with the EU.

TRICKY FEAR DIRECTS PEOPLE.

Bye:
Kati

Mic please.

I wanted to delete my previous post, but this is NEVER successful because I give this sentence:

Sorry, but you can only delete your own posts.

I never wanted to delete anybody’s post. I asked yesterday to delete those similar posts what I couldn’t delete. (#1641,1642,1643,1644) and now again these last two posts. Altogether there are in this thread 6 posts what I couldn’t delete because they are not my own posts.

I am very sorry that I had to complain but what else I can do.

Regards.

Hello Kati
That can occure, but please try again - log out, shut down your computer, start it up again and try again. Please get back to me wether it worked.
You can also try and set up a new post, as a test, and delete it right after you have posted it, by using that x-button.

->I will do that with a post on our thread speak spontaneous, please have a look if you happen to have time.

It could be that after someone else has used the link to your post, that then it’s not possible anymore to delete it… I’m not sure about that.
It might be best if you send this question by private message to one of the hosts.

But, please try once again to delete a “fresh” post, so that you see that it workes at least sometimes…

Urs

Hello Webmaster,

I recorded my “continuation” of the 1640 permalink. My record disappeared. Whereas I was logged in. For me it isn’t enough to log in once because if I want to read another letter I have to log in again. Now I logged in three times but I only wrote one post and I recorded it. My record disappeared so I had to log in again.

Now I understand why you wrote to me :

Sorry, but you can only delete your own posts.

It can be its reason that my logging in is cancelled after my first act. I don’t understand why happen this to me? Will you give me an explication?

Regards.

Kati Svaby

P.s: Microphone please.

Hello Kati

I think I found the solution to your problem:

-> YOU CAN ONLY DELETE YOUR VERY LAST POST!

So, if you have to delete several posts, please start with the last one.
After deleting that last post by using the x-button, you can go to the second last, and you will see, there is now an x-button to push…

Please try - for that experiment I suggest that you post a fresh Test Post…

Please get back to me in case it worked:)

Urs

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list below for the current dates and times.
  2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

1. Each session lasts a maximum of 2 hours.
  2. Each session has a maximum of 6 to 8 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Each session is recorded and shared with others.
  4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Friday November 1st, 2013 at 3pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Ask Your Own Questions

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Yuri
  4. Huriah
  5. Urs
  6. Anastasia
  7. Mauricio
  8. Hensiq

Friday November 8th, 2013 at 3pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Idioms

1. Megan
  2. Kati

Friday November 15th, 2013 at 3pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Quality of Life

1. Megan
  2. Kati

Here are the current Sunday and Wednesday sessions as well. It might be easier if we keep them all in one place for people to find. :slight_smile:

1. Sunday, 27th October, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Cooking’ : Hosts - Jose / Evylinda
  2. Wednesday, 30th October, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ’ Do you do Sports or, are you a couch potato?’ : Hosts- Urs / Yuri.
  3. Sunday, 03rd November, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘What role does Art play in Society today?’ : Hosts - Jose / Anastasia.
  4. Wednesday, 09th November, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Living with ADHD’ : Hosts- Terry / Mujibur.

Mujibur,

Could you please post the current dates/topics/hosts? I see two different lists that vary from each other.

Thank you!

Take care,
Megan

Hello Urs,

I can’t do what you say because I lost so much time that I have to begin my household work. It is and ups and downs situation sometimes it works properly and other times I become crazy of it. The server has so many tricks that I thought it tried with me its every tricks, but non it has reserve tricks.

Yesterday I was scarcely able to keep body and soul together,because my Java showed that it is mistaken. At night I downloaded twice Java, the downloading was successful and when I came back the thread it showed to me that it is mistaken.

Next day I had to call my technician who knew this mistake and he told me that something had been brought to a stop and he repaired it in 1 minutes.

Of course I had to pay the call-out charges.

That’s the way it is.

Thanks everything:
Kati

Hello Urs,

I can’t do what you say because I lost so much time that I have to begin my household work. It is and ups and downs situation sometimes it works properly and other times I become crazy of it. The server has so many tricks that I thought it tried with me its every tricks, but non it has reserve tricks.

Yesterday I was scarcely able to keep body and soul together,because my Java showed that it is mistaken. At night I downloaded twice Java, the downloading was successful and when I came back the thread it showed to me that it is mistaken.

Next day I had to call my technician who knew this mistake and he told me that something had been brought to a stop and he repaired it in 1 minutes.

Of course I had to pay the call-out charges.

That’s the way it is.

Thanks everything:
Kati

Dear Megan,

Please to write my name on the 8th and 15th sessions.

Many thanks:
Kati

Dear Kati,

I’ve added you to the list for the 8th and 15th.

Take care,
Megan

About computers and programs how they can drive us crazy…

Hello Kati
Years ago my friend gave me a cartoon:
It showed a very angry man, sitting in front of his computer with a machine gun ready to shoot, shouting: “WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY USER ERROR…!!!”

It’s strange: we always think computers do exactly the same thing every day - but no, sometimes even computer programs seem to have a bad day of sorts… and then they play tricks on their users…

But Kati, things like that happen to me too - so I new from own experience that when it says: you can only delete your own post - but you DID log in already…

As for Java:
Two days ago, it wouldn’t work on my computer either - but I sort of got used to it, in such a case I just wait till the next day - the reasons can be mysterious - and again, Kati: You are not the only one, believe me…

Have a nice day!

Urs

Hello everyone there,

Because of an attempt to accommodate Tural’s proposed topic: “Violence on TV and harmful program” on last Wednesday, the 23rd October there was an overlapping of topics in setting the schedules of Sunday and Wednesday sessions.

However, I would request you all to follow the updated schedule for the next few Sunday & Wednesday Skype speaking sessions as below:

1. Sunday, 27th October, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Cooking’ : Hosts - Jose / Evylinda
  2. Wednesday, 30th October, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ’ Do you do Sports or, are you a couch potato?’ : Hosts- Urs / Yuri.
  3. Sunday, 03rd November, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Violence on TV and harmful program’ : Hosts - Yuri / Tural.
  4. Wednesday, 06th November, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ’ Different schools and different educational systems’ : Hosts- Terry / Mujibur.
    5.Sunday, 10th November, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Hobbies’ : Hosts - Evylinda / Urs
  5. Wednesday, 13th November, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ’ Grown-up’s shouldn’t forget about their childhood’s curiosity and open mind’ : Hosts- Terry / Anastasia.

Please feel free to propose in bringing about any changes to this schedule, if needed!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hello Evylinda, José and everyone!

What a pity I can not attend the meeting this Sunday 27 October, Skype Session.
It’s the birthday of my eldest sister and she will be completing 81 years old!
And she seems much younger, though at that age!
So keep saved in the Forum, all the recipes of the excellent dishes, which I believe will be presented by the hosts and participants, so I can copy them later!

Enjoy the meeting.
Hugs,
Hensiq